Go Back   Shoe Vomit > The Econopocalypse > COVID-19

Old 17-07-2020, 09:27   #11
Moses
Baron Balderdash

Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald View Post
i hope the stock market tanks again
Hope it happens just after a forthcoming inheritance comes through so I can max out dat stocks and shares ISA.
Old 18-07-2020, 20:57   #12
Frank Castle
I’LL FUCK YOU UP

Frank Castle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Frank Castle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Frank Castle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Frank Castle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Frank Castle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Frank Castle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Frank Castle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Frank Castle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Frank Castle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Frank Castle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Frank Castle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

lol covid retards soaking up the MSM bullshit
Frank Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 16:02   #13
Stagflation
Hereward

AKA: Stag
Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagflation View Post
Boost your immune system NOW
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...-from-covid-19

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53469839

Quote:
A coronavirus vaccine developed by the University of Oxford appears safe and triggers an immune response.

Trials involving 1,077 people showed the injection led to them making antibodies and T-cells that can fight coronavirus.

The findings are hugely promising, but it is still too soon to know if this is enough to offer protection and larger trials are under way.

The UK has already ordered 100 million doses of the vaccine.
We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man.

— C.S. Lewis
Stagflation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 17:57   #14
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Malcolm Tucker offers personal services for rep

Old 20-07-2020, 22:28   #15
Oswald
how many people have been mugged?

AKA: Bakez
Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

i wont be taking it

FAVOURITE CASK ALE LIST
ADNAMS SOUTHWOLD - Mosaic
FULLERS - Red Fox
CROUCH VALE - Snow Drop
CROUCH VALE - Calypso
Oswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 22:38   #16
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

I don't think you can get any more autistic
Old 21-07-2020, 10:51   #17
Stagflation
Hereward

Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I have faith in my own immune response TBH.
We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man.

— C.S. Lewis
Old 21-07-2020, 11:02   #18
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Yeah but even if I knew 100% that I'd have barely a sniff of any symptoms from it personally, I'd still get the vaccine.

Without a vaccination it will still use my body incubate and spread to others. With a vaccination it is virtually impossible for the virus to establish itself in your body and you will not propagate it. This is how they work, a certain % uptake is needed and if we all take the attitude of 'not my problem, I don't need it' then the % will be low and the virus will persist.

So it's about being a good citizen and doing your bit, helping form the wall of immunisation and giving it nowhere to go, particularly important for those who cannot be immunised.

So for me, this is where patriotism/citizenship etc becomes more than just flag waving and repeating slogans.
Old 22-07-2020, 10:51   #19
Stagflation
Hereward

I don't take flu vaccines, I won't be taking this. I wear masks in shops and on public transport, it's not like I'm not altering my behaviour but being FORCED to take a vaccine that's not been fully tested? GTFO.

— C.S. Lewis
Old 22-07-2020, 14:34   #20
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

You're not being forced, it's not a mandatory vaccine and it is being fully tested.

It's true it is being developed at an unprecedented speed, but it's unprecedented times and the government has absolutely thrown money at it. Vaccination research during 'peacetime' does normally take longer, but do not mix up speed and haste. During the war they built spitfires pretty quickly didn't they? In fact, a lot of stuff had a surge of impetus behind it. Not out of recklessness but out of determination to achieve an objective quickly.

With the funding stages cleared in advance, essentially a blank cheque AND a massive political and scientific will to get it done, the same progress that could normally take X, might take Y. It doesn't mean it's been rushed, or 'skipped testing' as you allege.

Actually take a look at the chadox1 information from Oxford, and don't say you already have because you haven't, if you had you'd have known they're already testing over 50k people with it. Don't get me wrong, it's still early days, there's still a way to go before they can be confident it is going to work and it's safe long-term. The situation as I understand is; so far so good. It produces an immune response and side-effects are a minor headache and fever, typical of most vaccinations that trigger immune reactions, it's often regarded as a good indicator that it's worked. We still need to see if it'll create long-term protection, or if mutations in the virus nullify it quickly. That's the main concern I have, just like a colds, catching one strain and fighting it off doesn't appear to offer much protection from the next one. My fear is the vaccine will essentially boil down to an expensive placebo, but in terms of safety etc, honestly, do you think the people who actually do this stuff are muppets? That they need to consult a... whatever it is you do again, before rolling it out? Come on.

Not everything is a conspiracy. The internet is great, but ffs, for vaccinations it hasn't half damaged the reputation and resulted in hostility towards a scientific endeavour that saves millions.

Last edited by Malcolm Tucker; 22-07-2020 at 14:44.
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote