Go Back   Shoe Vomit > The Econopocalypse > COVID-19

Old 14-07-2020, 11:44   #1
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Malcolm Tucker offers personal services for rep
Default We are absolutely fucked. Change my mind.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...organ-12027749
Old 14-07-2020, 12:49   #2
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Tucker View Post
I listened to a podcast a few weeks ago about CV and the range of affects it can have, how it works and the damage it can cause. It's scary.

We're getting it easy right now, coming I to winter later and I think we'll see some real damage. Not like summer was ever known as peak flu season.
Charlie Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2020, 13:51   #3
Stagflation
Hereward

AKA: Stag
Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Boost your immune system NOW
We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man.

— C.S. Lewis
Stagflation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2020, 16:17   #4
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

No heard immunity either apparently.
Old 16-07-2020, 09:52   #5
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Kelly View Post
No heard immunity either apparently.
Which means any vaccine will need to be adapted and given frequently as a booster to provide immunity. Otherwise people are going to keep catching it, in the same way they still catch a cold most years.
Old 16-07-2020, 14:17   #6
Chuckles
happy

Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Tucker View Post
Which means any vaccine will need to be adapted and given frequently as a booster to provide immunity. Otherwise people are going to keep catching it, in the same way they still catch a cold most years.
Why isn't that the case for stuff you can be vaccinated against though? I thought if you got an MMR jab, you wouldn't then get inflected by those things.

Neither myself or iam want to spend hours cleaning threads up and dealing with RTM's so do us a favour and reign it in a bit please.

This is now serious business.
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 14:21   #7
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
Why isn't that the case for stuff you can be vaccinated against though? I thought if you got an MMR jab, you wouldn't then get inflected by those things.
I think it's to do with the mutation rate of the specific virus.
Old 16-07-2020, 14:35   #8
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Quote:
It's something to do with the way coronaviruses behave, it's why there's no vaccine to the common cold or some other viruses we've had decades to study such as HIV. They mutate, like all viruses, but there's something else about them which I can't remember/understand.

The optimism lies in that the common cold doesn't crash world economies so maybe the motivation into a vaccine for it has never been quite there, although saying that you'd think drug companies would absolutely love a common cold cure to sell so maybe it really is fucking difficult to immunise for.
Old 16-07-2020, 15:46   #9
natalie
Cad and Bounder

natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
The old MMR given when people my age were kids doesn’t last forever. That’s why mumps is rife in universities because it’s the age when the vaccines have lost their effectiveness
natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 00:45   #10
Oswald
how many people have been mugged?

AKA: Bakez
Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

i hope the stock market tanks again

FAVOURITE CASK ALE LIST
ADNAMS SOUTHWOLD - Mosaic
FULLERS - Red Fox
CROUCH VALE - Snow Drop
CROUCH VALE - Calypso
Oswald is offline   Reply With Quote