Go Back   Shoe Vomit > The Econopocalypse > COVID-19

Old 08-07-2020, 15:00   #21
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

So Craig would to run a VPN 24/7 for all network traffic or just downloading?
Charlie Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 23:37   #22
dimle
Baron Balderdash

dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Kelly View Post
I've got RD too. My issue is that I do everything via mobile, don't know how that would work? I have a work issued laptop but I'm not using that for torrents or RD etc. I've got a seedbox, so could I use that with RD?
When I go on holiday I still do it with my phone and have shortcuts setup.
Navigate to Release BB, copy the links, paste into RD on the phone, unrestrict links and then download.
dimle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 23:41   #23
dimle
Baron Balderdash

dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagflation View Post
I do this without a VPN am I going to get swatted?
Be careful.
I bought TigerVPN for 23 for lifetime and a backup FastestVPN for 12 for lifetime, both work a treat on all devices.
I also have an IPTV service called Ultimate Mania and you have to have a VPN on during Premier League.
dimle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 00:47   #24
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimle View Post
When I go on holiday I still do it with my phone and have shortcuts setup.
Navigate to Release BB, copy the links, paste into RD on the phone, unrestrict links and then download.
Download to where though, your phone? I tend to download 4k films they can easily be 80Gb. Ideally I want to download them straight to the server and into Plex? Any thoughts?
Old 09-07-2020, 10:25   #25
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Malcolm Tucker offers personal services for rep

Quote:
Not if you're using a seedbox though. I've I'm downloading something it's single point download and encrypted, just home torrenting you need to worry about?
I dunno how seedbox works but if the connection between your machine and the source is encrypted you're probably fine, your ISP will only kick off when you've tripped one of their searches with the filenames of torrents. Just being seen to access a torrent site and then everything else about it is obfuscated isn't enough for them to do anything as they know you'd just come back with 'I used it to download ubuntu bro'
Old 09-07-2020, 10:36   #26
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Malcolm Tucker offers personal services for rep

Quote:
So Craig would to run a VPN 24/7 for all network traffic or just downloading?
Before lockdown I had it on at a router level, this made it handy for IPTV streaming on the firestick or laptop without faffing about with a client on each device.

But little trickier now cos I use a work VPN on the same network and VOIP phone, so those devices are naked but my PC is still on the VPN with the client. I use the PC for IPTV now too as the football is on at weird times when I'm still working anyway. It's barely noticeable, I only take it off when I'm gaming.

My router is on its last legs though so I'm gonna revamp the whole network soon and be like a full on geek albino gonk cunt.

Last edited by Malcolm Tucker; 09-07-2020 at 10:38.
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:05   #27
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Tucker View Post
I dunno how seedbox works but if the connection between your machine and the source is encrypted you're probably fine, your ISP will only kick off when you've tripped one of their searches with the filenames of torrents. Just being seen to access a torrent site and then everything else about it is obfuscated isn't enough for them to do anything as they know you'd just come back with 'I used it to download ubuntu bro'
Yeah so the seedbox is in say Sweden or wherever and it's doing all the dodgy shit. I'm connecting to the seedbox to stream / download the content that it has torrent'd. All Virgin Media sees is that I downloaded from a single IP but they can't see what it is unless they can break encryption?
Old 10-07-2020, 13:33   #28
Moses
Baron Balderdash

Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Yeah that's the basic idea but it's way easier that what you imagine.

I use seedhost.eu myself.

I browser torrent sites on my phone and download the files on that, when I click to open them an app called Transdrone imports the file onto the torrent client on the seedbox and boom its downloaded.

I mentioned Lidarr earlier, its something you have running on your seedbox. The interface is a webbased application. It downloads and manages all your music for you at whatever quality you want. So all you do is 'add an artist', and select you want all their studio releases and it'll reach out to all your music trackers and download everything by that artists in one go.

You can automatically sync the download folder of your seedbox back to your PC so once you pick whatever you want on your phone it's straight down onto your PC without you doing anything else.

Why don't you try one of the cheaper ones to get a feel.

https://www.seedhost.eu/seedboxes.php I use SH5 because it has Plex built in. It;s a bit of a curve learning what you can do but a lil trial and error and you'll be flying.
Offttt, got one from them with Plex. Just set it up now. Sick how easy it is and can now effectively stream anything to my TV with no local storage .
Old 10-07-2020, 13:38   #29
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Offttt, got one from them with Plex. Just set it up now. Sick how easy it is and can now effectively stream anything to my TV with no local storage .
Noice!

Let me know if you have any questions, I found setting up profiles on Lidarr a bit fiddly. Same with getting it to connect to RED. So if you have any questions give me a shout
Old 10-07-2020, 13:41   #30
Charlie Kelly
BRO

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ransdroid.lite