Go Back   Shoe Vomit > The Econopocalypse > COVID-19

Old 08-07-2020, 07:30   #11
Moses
Baron Balderdash

Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Do you mean a virtual seedbox service or an actual physical computer to use as a seedbox? Retarded question I know.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:58   #12
Moses
Baron Balderdash

Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

FFS, had heard the seedbox term before but assumed it was just people with spare PCs setting one up as a download/upload hub... but now I see all these online services. So I just get one, drop in the torrent files, then it downloads and seeds for me... and I just pull out the completed files I want to watch/listen to/use?

So which seedbox provider is the go to option?

Is this what it's like to be old ffs .
Old 08-07-2020, 09:32   #13
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Malcolm Tucker offers personal services for rep

I just use utorrent web and piratebay, download what I want and no seeding
Old 08-07-2020, 10:46   #14
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
FFS, had heard the seedbox term before but assumed it was just people with spare PCs setting one up as a download/upload hub... but now I see all these online services. So I just get one, drop in the torrent files, then it downloads and seeds for me... and I just pull out the completed files I want to watch/listen to/use?

So which seedbox provider is the go to option?

Is this what it's like to be old ffs .
Yeah that's the basic idea but it's way easier that what you imagine.

I use seedhost.eu myself.

I browser torrent sites on my phone and download the files on that, when I click to open them an app called Transdrone imports the file onto the torrent client on the seedbox and boom its downloaded.

I mentioned Lidarr earlier, its something you have running on your seedbox. The interface is a webbased application. It downloads and manages all your music for you at whatever quality you want. So all you do is 'add an artist', and select you want all their studio releases and it'll reach out to all your music trackers and download everything by that artists in one go.

You can automatically sync the download folder of your seedbox back to your PC so once you pick whatever you want on your phone it's straight down onto your PC without you doing anything else.

Why don't you try one of the cheaper ones to get a feel.

https://www.seedhost.eu/seedboxes.php I use SH5 because it has Plex built in. It;s a bit of a curve learning what you can do but a lil trial and error and you'll be flying.
Charlie Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 13:26   #15
Stagflation
Hereward

AKA: Stag
Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Tucker View Post
I just use utorrent web and piratebay, download what I want and no seeding
I do this without a VPN am I going to get swatted?
We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man.

C.S. Lewis
Stagflation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 13:28   #16
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Mad to do it without a VPN, ISP will letter bomb you and then cut you off if you don't stop.
Old 08-07-2020, 13:28   #17
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Then again you're in Poland right? Their ISPs might not give af
Old 08-07-2020, 13:40   #18
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Mad to do it without a VPN, ISP will letter bomb you and then cut you off if you don't stop.
Depends if you're doing public or private trackers. Generally you're pretty safe in private. There's always a risk though which is why I prefer using a seedbox.
Old 08-07-2020, 14:35   #19
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

vpn is a must these days

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invest...owers_Act_2016
Old 08-07-2020, 14:59   #20
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Quote:
Not if you're using a seedbox though. I've I'm downloading something it's single point download and encrypted, just home torrenting you need to worry about?