Go Back   Shoe Vomit > The Econopocalypse > COVID-19

Old 22-03-2021, 22:42   #11
Moses
Baron Balderdash

Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalKicks View Post
The Marvel films have their place
Most should be in the fucking bin.

Quote:
I was late to the party and didn?t watch them all until recently, good to kill over a couple of movie nights especially with a home theatre
Using them to burn time is lols. If there?s time to fill why not watch films with actual depth? Not just superheroes smashing each other into buildings. Tbh I?d rather crack out rewatchable films than watch most superhero shit (some are good... like Nolan?s Batman).
Old 22-03-2021, 23:07   #12
ChemicalKicks
BRO

ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

lol you peeps are movie snobs. I LIKED THE MARVEL FILMS, I LIKED JUSTICE LEAGUE. YOU CAN ALL GO FUCK YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!

What did you think about Tenet?...........
ChemicalKicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 12:56   #13
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

It's not snobbery cos there's loads of crap films I have a soft spot for, it's just the marvel and dc franchises are largely forgettable and shit but they also make so so many, it's the sheer quantity that does my head in. They seemingly can have extremely low standards with no consequence, blank cheques with stuff already planned up to 2028 ffs. Like Moses said, the amount of money that gets spent on them, over and over, imagine it going into some original ideas.

I mean in all honesty, without googling, can you recall the plot of ironman 3?

Last edited by Malcolm Tucker; 23-03-2021 at 13:00.
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 15:18   #14
Moses
Baron Balderdash

Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalKicks View Post
lol you peeps are movie snobs. I LIKED THE MARVEL FILMS, I LIKED JUSTICE LEAGUE. YOU CAN ALL GO FUCK YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!

What did you think about Tenet?...........
Have some silly smashy smashy action films. But pumping out a ridiculous number in the last fifteen years without doing much that's interesting is just lol. We're getting to the point where we had 5/6 big superhero films every year... most of which had bang average plots/nothing interesting about them. Make a third of the number but do something novel.

Have only seen Tenet once. Need to rewatch really. Feels like Nolan tried too hard tbh, but at least he tried. And the action was more interesting than 99% of superhero stuff which often revolves around two borderline invincible people smashing each other into buildings for fifteen minutes, or a group of them being unable to win solo, until some deus ex machina event or they all work together and win.

The Snyder Cut was basically four hours of waiting for Superman to turn up.
Old 23-03-2021, 16:01   #15
ChemicalKicks
BRO

ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Tucker View Post
It's not snobbery cos there's loads of crap films I have a soft spot for, it's just the marvel and dc franchises are largely forgettable and shit but they also make so so many, it's the sheer quantity that does my head in. They seemingly can have extremely low standards with no consequence, blank cheques with stuff already planned up to 2028 ffs. Like Moses said, the amount of money that gets spent on them, over and over, imagine it going into some original ideas.

I mean in all honesty, without googling, can you recall the plot of ironman 3?
Ironman 3 - Tony is happy in his life, a personal issue manifests which causes great disruption. Someone is threatening the end of the world and tony must first overcome his personal issue before he can save the world. Genuinely without google that's what I got haha
Old 23-03-2021, 16:05   #16
Moses
Baron Balderdash

WAS HE TRULY HAPPY THOUGH?
Old 23-03-2021, 16:15   #17
ChemicalKicks
BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Have only seen Tenet once. Need to rewatch really. Feels like Nolan tried too hard tbh, but at least he tried. And the action was more interesting than 99% of superhero stuff which often revolves around two borderline invincible people smashing each other into buildings for fifteen minutes, or a group of them being unable to win solo, until some deus ex machina event or they all work together and win.
I had it on my server for a while and managed to watch it 3 times. Plus I seen it in the cinema. I always go to watch Nolan films at the cinema.

But I do agree, I think Nolan did try a bit too hard on this one. I still appreciate it because it is original but the first time I watched it I would say I understood 50% of it. Watched a few analysis videos about it on youtube then watched again and I'm at about 80%. I still don't fully understand the logic in the movie, I'm sure it's there I just can't wrap my head around it.
Old 23-03-2021, 16:16   #18
ChemicalKicks
BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
WAS HE TRULY HAPPY THOUGH?
Apparently not.

"Plagued with worry and insomnia since saving New York from destruction, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), now, is more dependent on the suits that give him his Iron Man persona -- so much so that every aspect of his life is affected, including his relationship with Pepper (Gwyneth Paltrow). After a malevolent enemy known as the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) reduces his personal world to rubble, Tony must rely solely on instinct and ingenuity to avenge his losses and protect the people he loves."
Old 30-03-2021, 17:10   #19
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Good guy being good. Bad guy comes along, good guy must do battle to save the world. Good guy narrowly defeats bad guy.

Repeat for several sequels then introduce badder bad guy who is badder than all bad guys previously featured, too much for our good guy to overcome alone. So he joins forces with other good guys (who have been battling bad guys independently as well in separate franchises) to pool their good guy powers to narrowly defeat baddest guy.

Next step is to now revisit all the good guys, but before they became good and see what made them good guys. Then also do the same for all the bad guys.

Coming soon! Explore alternative stories, like, what if good guy actually became bad guy and was never good guy?
Old 03-04-2021, 23:41   #20
Northerner
Moon

Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

It's a shame people cannot see DC and Marvel films for what they are, 2hours of entertainment in most cases. I see from the posts that Moses is trying so hard and so far up icraig arse that he's wearing his skin like iron man suit.

These are the same people who in another thread worship Apple who also churn out the same shit every year.

I also best most people here don't pay for any movies they watch, except for the occasional cinema visit back in the day. Don't pay don't moan.

There is always a lighthouse, always a man and always a city...
Northerner is offline   Reply With Quote