Go Back   Shoe Vomit > The Econopocalypse > COVID-19

Old 20-03-2021, 21:04   #1
ChemicalKicks
BRO

ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.
Default Zack Snyder's Justice League

I never watched the original cut because I'm just not that into the DCEU. I love a bit of batman and superman though.

Seen this pop up in all the torrent sites, made the mrs watch it with me yesterday evening 4 hours long, got to say I really enjoyed it. Wonder woman at the start is a bit MEH but by the end I was invested.

Anyone watched or planning to watch it?
ChemicalKicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2021, 01:45   #2
Moses
Baron Balderdash

Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Watched the original and now this new version. Both very meh. Don’t think the Snyder cut is much better, if at all. Loads of slo-mo super hero smash smash is dull. Shock they need to work together to win... never seen that before. This and Avengers they tried so hard to flick between a bunch of characters/locations it just becomes disjointed.

Not as bad as Wonder Woman 1984 which was basically terrible considering the money spent ffs. Breaks my heart they spend hundreds and hundreds of billions on absolutely mediocre comic book movies with the aim of milking franchises rather than doing something interesting.
Old 21-03-2021, 11:57   #3
ChemicalKicks
BRO

ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.ChemicalKicks is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I genuinely enjoyed it, mrs thought it was hot garbage

I couldn’t bring myself to watch Wonder Woman, it’s a bit over the top lol
Old 21-03-2021, 11:57   #4
ChemicalKicks
BRO

I used up a lot of movie credibility putting it on, she actually fell asleep during it
Old 21-03-2021, 23:30   #5
Northerner
Moon

Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Watched it. 4 hours didn't seem that long. Much better version as it gives a bit more character backstory. You could probably do the same thing with most super hero movies. They added the extra cut to suicide squad which made it much better than the original cut.

There is always a lighthouse, always a man and always a city...
Northerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2021, 23:51   #6
Moses
Baron Balderdash

Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

You’re obvs gonna get more character backstory when it’s FOUR FUCKING HOURS. The issue is they try to cram a load of characters in to tick boxes and then run out of time (or need a four hour recut lols... at which point it’s a bloated mess).

Then they have a gazillion characters but what’s the point? Why’s it better to have five characters failing to defeat a big boss and needing Superman to rock up compared with it being one character, or two, or three? It’s not a better story having six+ superheroes... it in fact detracts from the story because you have to flick between characters/locations and have a small period of the film focussed on each. It’s literally just to tick boxes for nerds - gotta capture the Batman nerds, the Superman nerds, the Wonder Woman nerds, etc, giving them all a reason to watch.

You could swap out any of the superheroes and replace them with any other, except for Superman (unless you had a crossover and replaced him with Captain Marvel).
Old 22-03-2021, 10:51   #7
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

cba with it all, a totally overloaded franchise thats got a few decent films but mostly a fucking borefest, never known so many films about a handful of characters. Honestly it's like having 10 star trek films, then 5 about kirk, 4 about scotty, 5 about bones etc, it's just too much, who is actually watching them all ffs?

every time a decent one comes out and I'm convinced by everyone to watch it, I'm always torn, like if it's a good film and that's great (like guardians of the galaxy) but I also know that means about 5 sequels/spin offs/reboots will come from it that will all be total shit

oh and don't say that's marvel, this is DC like it makes a difference, just fuck off, they're all the same - just like two different brands of toilet paper, I'll wipe my arse with both

Last edited by Malcolm Tucker; 22-03-2021 at 10:56.
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 10:59   #8
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalKicks View Post
she actually fell asleep during it
she knows the score
Old 22-03-2021, 18:12   #9
ChemicalKicks
BRO

I loved the brutality of Batman in BM v SM.

The Marvel films have their place, I was late to the party and didn’t watch them all until recently, good to kill over a couple of movie nights especially with a home theatre
Old 22-03-2021, 19:32   #10
Malcolm Tucker
Not Infected.

Avengers: Paint Drying 4 (The Dulux Cut)