PDA

View Full Version : Zack Snyder's Justice League

ChemicalKicks
20-03-2021, 21:04
I never watched the original cut because I'm just not that into the DCEU. I love a bit of batman and superman though.

Seen this pop up in all the torrent sites, made the mrs watch it with me yesterday evening :D 4 hours long, got to say I really enjoyed it. Wonder woman at the start is a bit MEH but by the end I was invested.

Anyone watched or planning to watch it?

Moses
21-03-2021, 01:45
Watched the original and now this new version. Both very meh. Don’t think the Snyder cut is much better, if at all. Loads of slo-mo super hero smash smash is dull. Shock they need to work together to win... never seen that before. This and Avengers they tried so hard to flick between a bunch of characters/locations it just becomes disjointed.

Not as bad as Wonder Woman 1984 which was basically terrible considering the money spent ffs. Breaks my heart they spend hundreds and hundreds of billions on absolutely mediocre comic book movies with the aim of milking franchises rather than doing something interesting.

ChemicalKicks
21-03-2021, 11:57
I genuinely enjoyed it, mrs thought it was hot garbage :D

I couldn’t bring myself to watch Wonder Woman, it’s a bit over the top lol

ChemicalKicks
21-03-2021, 11:57
I used up a lot of movie credibility putting it on, she actually fell asleep during it

Northerner
21-03-2021, 23:30
Watched it. 4 hours didn't seem that long. Much better version as it gives a bit more character backstory. You could probably do the same thing with most super hero movies. They added the extra cut to suicide squad which made it much better than the original cut.

Moses
21-03-2021, 23:51
You’re obvs gonna get more character backstory when it’s FOUR FUCKING HOURS. The issue is they try to cram a load of characters in to tick boxes and then run out of time (or need a four hour recut lols... at which point it’s a bloated mess).

Then they have a gazillion characters but what’s the point? Why’s it better to have five characters failing to defeat a big boss and needing Superman to rock up compared with it being one character, or two, or three? It’s not a better story having six+ superheroes... it in fact detracts from the story because you have to flick between characters/locations and have a small period of the film focussed on each. It’s literally just to tick boxes for nerds - gotta capture the Batman nerds, the Superman nerds, the Wonder Woman nerds, etc, giving them all a reason to watch.

You could swap out any of the superheroes and replace them with any other, except for Superman (unless you had a crossover and replaced him with Captain Marvel).

Malcolm Tucker
22-03-2021, 10:51
cba with it all, a totally overloaded franchise thats got a few decent films but mostly a fucking borefest, never known so many films about a handful of characters. Honestly it's like having 10 star trek films, then 5 about kirk, 4 about scotty, 5 about bones etc, it's just too much, who is actually watching them all ffs?

every time a decent one comes out and I'm convinced by everyone to watch it, I'm always torn, like if it's a good film and that's great (like guardians of the galaxy) but I also know that means about 5 sequels/spin offs/reboots will come from it that will all be total shit

oh and don't say that's marvel, this is DC like it makes a difference, just fuck off, they're all the same - just like two different brands of toilet paper, I'll wipe my arse with both

Malcolm Tucker
22-03-2021, 10:59
she actually fell asleep during it

:clap: she knows the score

ChemicalKicks
22-03-2021, 18:12
I loved the brutality of Batman in BM v SM.

The Marvel films have their place, I was late to the party and didn’t watch them all until recently, good to kill over a couple of movie nights especially with a home theatre

Malcolm Tucker
22-03-2021, 19:32
Avengers: Paint Drying 4 (The Dulux Cut)

Moses
22-03-2021, 22:42
The Marvel films have their place

Most should be in the fucking bin.

I was late to the party and didn?t watch them all until recently, good to kill over a couple of movie nights especially with a home theatre

Using them to burn time is lols. If there?s time to fill why not watch films with actual depth? Not just superheroes smashing each other into buildings. Tbh I?d rather crack out rewatchable films than watch most superhero shit (some are good... like Nolan?s Batman).

ChemicalKicks
22-03-2021, 23:07
lol you peeps are movie snobs. I LIKED THE MARVEL FILMS, I LIKED JUSTICE LEAGUE. YOU CAN ALL GO FUCK YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!

What did you think about Tenet?........... :D

Malcolm Tucker
23-03-2021, 12:56
It's not snobbery cos there's loads of crap films I have a soft spot for, it's just the marvel and dc franchises are largely forgettable and shit but they also make so so many, it's the sheer quantity that does my head in. They seemingly can have extremely low standards with no consequence, blank cheques with stuff already planned up to 2028 ffs. Like Moses said, the amount of money that gets spent on them, over and over, imagine it going into some original ideas.

I mean in all honesty, without googling, can you recall the plot of ironman 3?

Moses
23-03-2021, 15:18
lol you peeps are movie snobs. I LIKED THE MARVEL FILMS, I LIKED JUSTICE LEAGUE. YOU CAN ALL GO FUCK YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!

What did you think about Tenet?........... :D

Have some silly smashy smashy action films. But pumping out a ridiculous number in the last fifteen years without doing much that's interesting is just lol. We're getting to the point where we had 5/6 big superhero films every year... most of which had bang average plots/nothing interesting about them. Make a third of the number but do something novel.

Have only seen Tenet once. Need to rewatch really. Feels like Nolan tried too hard tbh, but at least he tried. And the action was more interesting than 99% of superhero stuff which often revolves around two borderline invincible people smashing each other into buildings for fifteen minutes, or a group of them being unable to win solo, until some deus ex machina event or they all work together and win.

The Snyder Cut was basically four hours of waiting for Superman to turn up.

ChemicalKicks
23-03-2021, 16:01
It's not snobbery cos there's loads of crap films I have a soft spot for, it's just the marvel and dc franchises are largely forgettable and shit but they also make so so many, it's the sheer quantity that does my head in. They seemingly can have extremely low standards with no consequence, blank cheques with stuff already planned up to 2028 ffs. Like Moses said, the amount of money that gets spent on them, over and over, imagine it going into some original ideas.

I mean in all honesty, without googling, can you recall the plot of ironman 3?

Ironman 3 - Tony is happy in his life, a personal issue manifests which causes great disruption. Someone is threatening the end of the world and tony must first overcome his personal issue before he can save the world. Genuinely without google that's what I got haha

Moses
23-03-2021, 16:05
WAS HE TRULY HAPPY THOUGH?

ChemicalKicks
23-03-2021, 16:15
Have only seen Tenet once. Need to rewatch really. Feels like Nolan tried too hard tbh, but at least he tried. And the action was more interesting than 99% of superhero stuff which often revolves around two borderline invincible people smashing each other into buildings for fifteen minutes, or a group of them being unable to win solo, until some deus ex machina event or they all work together and win.

I had it on my server for a while and managed to watch it 3 times. Plus I seen it in the cinema. I always go to watch Nolan films at the cinema.

But I do agree, I think Nolan did try a bit too hard on this one. I still appreciate it because it is original but the first time I watched it I would say I understood 50% of it. Watched a few analysis videos about it on youtube then watched again and I'm at about 80%. I still don't fully understand the logic in the movie, I'm sure it's there I just can't wrap my head around it.

ChemicalKicks
23-03-2021, 16:16
WAS HE TRULY HAPPY THOUGH?

Apparently not.

"Plagued with worry and insomnia since saving New York from destruction, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), now, is more dependent on the suits that give him his Iron Man persona -- so much so that every aspect of his life is affected, including his relationship with Pepper (Gwyneth Paltrow). After a malevolent enemy known as the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) reduces his personal world to rubble, Tony must rely solely on instinct and ingenuity to avenge his losses and protect the people he loves."

Malcolm Tucker
30-03-2021, 17:10
Good guy being good. Bad guy comes along, good guy must do battle to save the world. Good guy narrowly defeats bad guy.

Repeat for several sequels then introduce badder bad guy who is badder than all bad guys previously featured, too much for our good guy to overcome alone. So he joins forces with other good guys (who have been battling bad guys independently as well in separate franchises) to pool their good guy powers to narrowly defeat baddest guy.

Next step is to now revisit all the good guys, but before they became good and see what made them good guys. Then also do the same for all the bad guys.

Coming soon! Explore alternative stories, like, what if good guy actually became bad guy and was never good guy?

Northerner
03-04-2021, 23:41
It's a shame people cannot see DC and Marvel films for what they are, 2hours of entertainment in most cases. I see from the posts that Moses is trying so hard and so far up icraig arse that he's wearing his skin like iron man suit.

These are the same people who in another thread worship Apple who also churn out the same shit every year.

I also best most people here don't pay for any movies they watch, except for the occasional cinema visit back in the day. Don't pay don't moan.

ChemicalKicks
04-04-2021, 20:53
Wow wow wow wow wow

WOW

Now. I agree Moses is up Craig’s arse, but then again who hasn’t, he’s a dirty dirty boi!!!

Let’s leave Apple out of this, I only just got an iPhone and it’s amazing. I love the fucking thing, I had my Samsung’s, HTC’s and Pixels. I had the PX1, 2 & 3, wife got the 4. But there’s literally nothing on the Android side that rivals an iPhone. Got me an iCloud and Apple Music sub. Looking at them sweet M1 macs. God so good!!!!!!!!!!!

Malcolm Tucker
04-04-2021, 21:23
It's a shame people cannot see DC and Marvel films for what they are, 2hours of entertainment in most cases. I see from the posts that Moses is trying so hard and so far up icraig arse that he's wearing his skin like iron man suit.

These are the same people who in another thread worship Apple who also churn out the same shit every year.

I also best most people here don't pay for any movies they watch, except for the occasional cinema visit back in the day. Don't pay don't moan.

got them all on dvd eh?

Moses
05-04-2021, 21:45

I slated Justice League first bro (here).

Apple stuff is normally iterative... like every company?s products you retard. Only idiots would buy every new version, hence why I?ve had my iMac for like 6 years, and an iPhone for like 5 years before buying a new one recently, etc. But minor bumps every year is sensible as it captures the people who do need to update at that point. And now their M1 chip fucking owns its opposition and their desktop chips are probs gonna own as well. Don?t cry.

Used to have a Cineworld Unlimited card and saw basically everything which came out lols. Then moved so don?t have one near but have a Vue which is only ?5 so watched a bunch of stuff there... until Lockdown. Also have Netflix/Amazon Prime/Sky Movies.

So yeah you?re basically completely wrong. Mongoloid.