PDA

View Full Version : superbowl

Malcolm Tucker
07-02-2021, 23:28
anyone going to watch it? never watched one before so I thought I'd quickly read the rules of american football so I can follow what's happening a little bit

'quickly read' :loool:

ChemicalKicks
07-02-2021, 23:37
anyone going to watch it? never watched one before so I thought I'd quickly read the rules of american football so I can follow what's happening a little bit

'quickly read' :loool:

I'm not but I listen to Bill Burr's podcast and he's always rambling on about football and other sports, I do find it interesting to listen to.

Malcolm Tucker
08-02-2021, 00:28
stealth bomber fly over :lmao:

Moses
08-02-2021, 01:26
Am watching. The rules aren’t so bad. Can explain anything which doesn’t make sense. Have four goes to get ten yards... if they make it they get another four goes. If they fail then the opposition gets the ball (turnover on downs) so normally punt it away or kick for goal on fourth down.

Malcolm Tucker
08-02-2021, 01:37
Ok the number 10 in red just got the ball and legged it way more than 10 yards, but the score didn't change and nobody seemed to give a shit

why does it keep going back to the studio every 5 minutes and chatting shit about games from 1995, aren't they interested in the one happening now?

Malcolm Tucker
08-02-2021, 01:42
and why are they just walking around doing nothing for so long, like it's 10 seconds of action then it all stops again, just play ffs

Moses
08-02-2021, 01:46
Four attempts to get a minimum of ten yards. If you get further than that you just start your next four from wherever you got. Only stop once you get in the end zone (like a rugby try) or kick a field goal (like a rugby penalty).

They go back to the studio when there’s a break in play. Like adverts etc. Or sometimes timeouts (teams get three each per half). Or when it gets to two mins left in the second or fourth quarter there’s a ‘two minute warning’ which stops the clock and they have a little break (lol).

Oswald
08-02-2021, 09:33
Isn’t Covid so deadly they should cancel this

Malcolm Tucker
08-02-2021, 11:33
fans were spaced out and vaccinated apparently

Moses
08-02-2021, 13:08
Was still like 25k people when the capacity is something like 65k, so not spread out that much. Wasn't a great game but was my preferred outcome so that made up for it.

Malcolm Tucker
08-02-2021, 14:50
I got bored tbh, I can see the appeal of some of it, like the runs they make to fool defenders and the tactics of each play is quite interesting, like a mini game each time but it's the stop start that gets me, for every one bit of excitement there's like five breaks in play, it doesn't feel like it needs so many breaks, especially when it's already divided into two quarters for each half, why do they need so many, it's physical sure but rugby and even boxing seems to have longer sections of action without a break. I just don't get it, people milling around for 2 minutes at a time after a bit of action, I'm watching like, wtf are they doing now? Are they checking something? Can I go get a drink? It feels more like I'm watching them train rather than a proper full game of it.

ChemicalKicks
08-02-2021, 16:15

Peter Pervs
08-02-2021, 20:15
fans were spaced out and vaccinated apparently
I'd have to be completely spaced out to watch that shit tbh. :fastyes:

And they can fuck off calling it football when 90% of the time they just use their hands.

Cunts.

yourmum
08-02-2021, 21:21
American sports in general are shit.

Nascar - rednecks going around in circles in shit cars
Indycar - rednecks that couldn't make the cut for F1
Baseball - basically rounders for faggots
American Football - complete misnomer as a foot rarely comes into contact with the ball and the players are basically pussies that need body armour to play a game that in Europe, SA, Australsia they smash each other around with nothing more than a gumshield and some gaffer tape to stop yur ears getting ripped off
Basketball - mens netball for faggots
"Soccer" or Football as any normal cunt would call it - MLS is basically a graveyard for washed up cunts from Europe to get one last pay cheque. Football's origins are from China anyhow, so this doesn't count and MLS is utter shite. Would rather watch Scotish Premier League and thats fucking grim
Ice Hockey is the only semi decent one because of the guarantee of a punch up in every game, however the Amercian cunts didn't invent that one. Ice Hockey's origins come from the European Colonial soliders in North America that played hockey on frozen rivers and lakes. Was then made main stream by Canada.

Moses
09-02-2021, 07:47
I got bored tbh, I can see the appeal of some of it, like the runs they make to fool defenders and the tactics of each play is quite interesting, like a mini game each time but it's the stop start that gets me, for every one bit of excitement there's like five breaks in play, it doesn't feel like it needs so many breaks, especially when it's already divided into two quarters for each half, why do they need so many, it's physical sure but rugby and even boxing seems to have longer sections of action without a break. I just don't get it, people milling around for 2 minutes at a time after a bit of action, I'm watching like, wtf are they doing now? Are they checking something? Can I go get a drink? It feels more like I'm watching them train rather than a proper full game of it.

Well it's forty seconds (max) between plays, except for timeouts, commercial timeouts, two minute warning, reviews, etc, etc :loool::picard:.

One of the problems is the Super Bowl is especially bad in terms of everything being stretched out and that's the one game people are most likely to see. A load more ad breaks because of the whole 'Super Bowl ad' thing.

The best way to watch it normally is to watch Redzone. Basically cuts to different games constantly, which probs sounds shit but it really works given the natural breaks in games etc. It cuts to games where stuff is actually happening/key moments/etc and there are ZERO ads. So on normal Sundays you can watch that for like seven hours if you want lols. If multiple games have a key thing happening at once they put multiple games on the screen at once. I know it sounds shit but it really does work.

Malcolm Tucker
10-02-2021, 00:12
No I get that, like champion's league goalshow on BT, they go between 6 live games and works well, especially when the scores are changing the league positions in real time, it's a bit of added drama
Just shit when it's 0-0 in all six for first 15 minutes and they have nothing to talk about :lmao:

Moses
10-02-2021, 10:41
Loooolll, well more chance of stuff happening in American football games... the sport's designed to help scoring... and it's more 'predictable' so you're more likely to see stuff happening live rather than those soccer ones where it's normally looking at stuff that's just happened. That's why it's called Redzone... the redzone is the area twenty yards from the goal line, so when a team is 'in the redzone' they're in that area and more likely to score for obvious reasons... so if in doubt can cut to them. Definitely better than the BT Sport Champions League goal zone thing because Redzone isn't reliant on a load of shit pundits filling time in the studio when it's all 0-0s like you say.

Malcolm Tucker
10-02-2021, 11:00
Was lol last time, one must have looked mildly excited so they cut to him like 'Something going on at Bayern Munich? Tell us..' and he burst out laughing 'Well, they've got a corner but that's about it, I wouldn't come to me' and the main presenter goes 'Well, if you don't mind, we will, as there's nothing else to show, we'll all watch the corner and hope it's the best one we've ever seen' :hehe: