PDA

View Full Version : Apple One (iCloud)

ChemicalKicks
30-10-2020, 13:25
Speaking of the Google Photo's iCloud debate, just stumbled upon this.

https://www.apple.com/uk/apple-one/

Looks quite good for £30 you get 2TB storage (sharable), Apple TV+, Apple Music and some other shit I would never use. Would anyone here go for it, not available yet thno :/

Moses
30-10-2020, 14:33
You mean an SV group buy?

Apple TV seems pretty shit tbh.

ChemicalKicks
30-10-2020, 14:44
You mean an SV group buy?

Apple TV seems pretty shit tbh.

Have you tried it yet?

I was thinking about getting the Apple TV 4K to go along with it

Moses
30-10-2020, 22:27
They just don’t have much content right now.

Have a physical Apple TV but Chromecast is just better for casting.

ChemicalKicks
30-10-2020, 23:15
They just don’t have much content right now.

Have a physical Apple TV but Chromecast is just better for casting.

Couple of questions.

Can you Google cast to Apple TV? Can you Apple Cast, do you have a Apple smart speaker? Can you ask the speaker or Siri on your phone to play something on the TV?

Moses
31-10-2020, 10:49
Couple of questions.

Can you Google cast to Apple TV? Can you Apple Cast, do you have a Apple smart speaker? Can you ask the speaker or Siri on your phone to play something on the TV?

No idea. Yeah you can do Airplay (but Chromecasting is better). Don’t have one of their smart speakers. Dunno, I haven’t used it for ages lols... might dig it out later and test.

ChemicalKicks
31-10-2020, 11:43
No idea. Yeah you can do Airplay (but Chromecasting is better). Don’t have one of their smart speakers. Dunno, I haven’t used it for ages lols... might dig it out later and test.

Sorry I missed your question in your first post. There's no way I'd do a group buy with you fuckers haha :hehe:

Yeah if you get a chance later I'd really appreciate it. I have Chromecast Ultra hooked into my amp for Stadia, I'd continue to use it even if I got the Apple TV just want to know what it's capable of.

ChemicalKicks
31-10-2020, 11:45
Nvidia Shield might be a better option for me though with a harddrive, I was thinking I could sync the download directory of my seedbox for Plex usage, dunno.