PDA

View Full Version : My/Your favourite movie of all time

ChemicalKicks
18-09-2020, 23:49
For meeeeeeeeeeeee

It has to be Interstellar. I went into it blind, this movie blindsided me.

I wanna watch more good movies, what's yours?

Moses
19-09-2020, 01:30
Depends on genres/moods/etc really. Then you have the categories like epic watches vs epic rewatchables. Etc etc.

I'd maybe say Shawshank.

Perhap do top tens? Maybe in no particular order?

Oswald
19-09-2020, 02:00
terminstor 1
i imagine myself as the terminstor so much in my dreams

ChemicalKicks
19-09-2020, 02:30
Depends on genres/moods/etc really. Then you have the categories like epic watches vs epic rewatchables. Etc etc.

I'd maybe say Shawshank.

Perhap do top tens? Maybe in no particular order?

Alright, ill down load Shaw shawnk.

What's the others

ChemicalKicks
19-09-2020, 02:30
terminstor 1
i imagine myself as the terminstor so much in my dreams

This is on Netflix

Chuckles
19-09-2020, 13:00
Withnail & I

Oswald
19-09-2020, 13:59
This is on Netflix

Nflx is shite they never show full versions

Moses
19-09-2020, 17:40
Alright, ill down load Shaw shawnk.

What's the others

You’ve never seen Shawshank?!

Nolan stuff is great, although I assume you’ve seen all that if you like Interstellar?

Rounders? Gattaca? Good Will Hunting?

Malcolm Tucker
19-09-2020, 18:19
bombay badonkadonks

ChemicalKicks
19-09-2020, 18:21
Withnail & I

It's far too grim lol

ChemicalKicks
19-09-2020, 18:21
Nflx is shite they never show full versions

Is there a director's cut of Terminator?

ChemicalKicks
19-09-2020, 18:23
You’ve never seen Shawshank?!

Nolan stuff is great, although I assume you’ve seen all that if you like Interstellar?

Rounders? Gattaca? Good Will Hunting?

Nope, is it Shawshank Redemption?

Seen everything except is first film, can't remember the name of it but it's in black and white. Memento is really good too.

Havening heard of Rounders or Gattaca so I'll download those. Recently rewatched GWH, such a great film. The 'its not your fault' part makes me cry every time haha

Malcolm Tucker
19-09-2020, 18:30
Dunno about T1 but the full version of T2 is even better than the cinematic one

T2 is actually probably one the best films of all time as well, depending what mood you're in, it literally defined the 90s for action genre but the way it was filmed, the lighting, everything was deliberate, it was just mint. I used it as a case study in media studies. It's why every sequel has failed to even come close, they weren't just shit, but everything just fell into place for t2, they will never ever recapture it - no matter how good they de-age scharznegger, that's all they think they need, arnie de-aged and "kicking ass" even though in t2 he actually gets battered

ChemicalKicks
19-09-2020, 18:59
Dunno about T1 but the full version of T2 is even better than the cinematic one

T2 is actually probably one the best films of all time as well, depending what mood you're in, it literally defined the 90s for action genre but the way it was filmed, the lighting, everything was deliberate, it was just mint. I used it as a case study in media studies. It's why every sequel has failed to even come close, they weren't just shit, but everything just fell into place for t2, they will never ever recapture it - no matter how good they de-age scharznegger, that's all they think they need, arnie de-aged and "kicking ass" even though in t2 he actually gets battered

T2 and Aliens are fucking great. I watched Salvation yesterday, felt like they tried to "Dark Knight" it but it kinda falls flat in the 2nd half.

I keep watching all the sequels to Terminator but like you say they're all shit. Although in T3 I like them showing the precursor to the hunter killers and how the machines took control but the rest of the movie is crap.

Malcolm Tucker
19-09-2020, 19:12
it falls flat because the plot you see is a hasty rehash of what they had planned, connor was supposed to become a terminator and kill everyone and basically completely change the legacy, that connor is misdirecting the resistance who think he's human

so much of it doesn't make sense, marcus is a terminator but doesn't realise it? lol, and then he has multiple opportunities to kill connor, but instead "leads" him into skynet's base, skynet then appears like a power rangers villain to declare that was the plan all along, then proceeds to throw him around a lab and still not kill him :scratchy:

Visage
19-09-2020, 19:29
Withnail & I

You've posted in a thread of philistines by mistake.

Malcolm Tucker
19-09-2020, 19:35
Not my favourite actor of all time, by the way

ChemicalKicks
19-09-2020, 19:52
it falls flat because the plot you see is a hasty rehash of what they had planned, connor was supposed to become a terminator and kill everyone and basically completely change the legacy, that connor is misdirecting the resistance who think he's human

so much of it doesn't make sense, marcus is a terminator but doesn't realise it? lol, and then he has multiple opportunities to kill connor, but instead "leads" him into skynet's base, skynet then appears like a power rangers villain to declare that was the plan all along, then proceeds to throw him around a lab and still not kill him :scratchy:

Oh that's interesting, is there a plot summary somewhere or a video about salvation? Why did they change it?

ChemicalKicks
19-09-2020, 19:53

Lol

What's your favourite film?

Malcolm Tucker
19-09-2020, 20:22
Oh that's interesting, is there a plot summary somewhere or a video about salvation? Why did they change it?

yes and dunno

but I remember it's the film where audio leaked of bale going completely apeshit at someone distracting him on set, a few crew members came out after the release saying the whole thing was a disaster start to finish :loool:

Moses
19-09-2020, 21:16
Nope, is it Shawshank Redemption?

Seen everything except is first film, can't remember the name of it but it's in black and white. Memento is really good too.

Havening heard of Rounders or Gattaca so I'll download those. Recently rewatched GWH, such a great film. The 'its not your fault' part makes me cry every time haha

Yeah, Shawshank Redemption.

Because of the above, the director’s cut of Kingdom of Heaven is v good.

Should watch a load of Michael Mann stuff and all the David Fincher stuff.

Chuckles
19-09-2020, 22:54

We've posted here by mistake.

Visage
19-09-2020, 23:36
You terrible cunt.