PDA

View Full Version : Apple Watch

Moses
15-09-2020, 18:28
SHOULD I BUY ONE?

Oswald
15-09-2020, 19:11
I was gonna buy one
Did loads of research into smart watches, then lost interest so can to do it again

ChemicalKicks
15-09-2020, 19:20
SHOULD I BUY ONE?

Do you want one?

Moses
15-09-2020, 20:51
I was gonna buy one
Did loads of research into smart watches, then lost interest so can to do it again

Just get the highest end Apple Watch.

Do you want one?

YES.

But I want lots of things... so I try and limit the more frivolous spending... *looks at the cases of Pol Roger vintage champagne in the cupboard and packs of chateaubriand in the freezer* :shifty:.

One problem is I already have an automatic watch I quite like... so would maybe end up wearing that on my left wrist and the Apple Watch on my right wrist. Which means there's a VERY high chance I'd look like a COMPLETE CUNT.

This iteration of the Apple Watch does seem pretty good so might be the year I finally pull the trigger.

Malcolm Tucker
15-09-2020, 21:13
apple events are total shit these days

they haven't invented anything new since jobs died, this is all stuff he already did or had sketched in notebooks

did they freeze his head like disney's?

Moses
15-09-2020, 21:25
True, but I'm still PUMPED about the phones which'll be announced soon. I'm using a piece of shit iPhone 6S Plus I originally got at launch lols (have had an AppleCare replacement along the way).

Apparently there might be an iPhone SE2 Plus which could be pretty tempting... for me it's the SE line or the biggest flagship one they do.

Chuckles
15-09-2020, 21:41
Yeah they are good if you're in the Apple ecosystem. Might get the new one :chin:

ChemicalKicks
16-09-2020, 10:55
I bought my Mrs 1 a year or so back, then she got a Pixel 4 and the watch is useless without an iPhone :(

Unrelated - I had to buy a new amplifier Moses cos mine started acting up :( :(

Moses
17-09-2020, 02:03
I bought my Mrs 1 a year or so back, then she got a Pixel 4 and the watch is useless without an iPhone :(

Unrelated - I had to buy a new amplifier Moses cos mine started acting up :( :(

Dunno what to do about audio. Gonna buy a massive TV so will probs just go down the sound bar route... maybe with surrounds etc but dunno.

ChemicalKicks
17-09-2020, 08:16
God, please don't go down the sound bar route.. Get yourself a AV amp and start with two speakers, left and right. Then you can build out the rest. I went L&R, then added a sub, centre and finally the surrounds. You don't need to buy it all at once and it makes a huge difference over a soundbar or HTiB. Having said that I know short-term a soundbar does seem cheaper. If you're got any Q's give me a shout! :)

Moses
17-09-2020, 15:54
But I quite like the idea of a clean/simple ~solution~ :dolefrog:. Maybe the new Sonos Arc. Maybe on its own, maybe with a couple of rears, maybe the sub but I’m in a flat so that might be excessive.

ChemicalKicks
17-09-2020, 17:57
Yeah, I get ya. My preference is for a full system but I understand wanting something simple that does the job too. I've no experience with soundbars but make sure whatever you get is at least HDCP 2.3 to future proof yourself.

Frank Castle
18-09-2020, 10:20
Amazon echo and fuck off tbh :yes:

Chuckles
18-09-2020, 16:44
Bought the new one. They were checking everyone's temperatures which is a new thing :shifty:

Malcolm Tucker
18-09-2020, 16:55
nothing to do with covid, it's to make sure you're all flustered and excited to buy the tat

if it read normal you'd be kicked out

natalie
19-09-2020, 09:00
I’ve got the cellular one. It’s really good for going out without my phone and not missing calls. It also u locks my MacBook if I’m wearing it.