PDA

View Full Version : meaning of life

Oswald
13-06-2020, 16:42
during covid times ive been contemplating this

ive concluded that each day is just a day closer to death and so nothing matters

Moses
13-06-2020, 17:25
:fastyes:

Just want to make sure I can retire disgustingly early (if it turns out I want to when that time comes). No point worrying about doing anything significant because none of us will be remembered for anything :thumbs:.

ChemicalKicks
13-06-2020, 18:51
Yeah basically, make the best you can for yourself, your family and anyone else who is important to you. Don't be a dick and remember nothing else really matters.

Peter Pervs
13-06-2020, 21:07
Not a bad film, but not Monty Python's best.

Malcolm Tucker
14-06-2020, 12:14
reminds me of moaning of life and this scene which is absolutely bang on for what happens in this house :hehe:

MqO2TgybDF8

Stagflation
15-06-2020, 11:59
Just want to make sure I can retire disgustingly early

:shifty:

(if it turns out I want to when that time comes).

Depends what you like doing.

No point worrying about doing anything significant because none of us will be remembered for anything :thumbs:.

Not everyone can change the world but having a family that remembers you ain't a bad start.

Moses
15-06-2020, 12:03
:shifty:

*without having to live in a third world country.

Depends what you like doing.

Well yes, exactly. If I want to continue working I will. Just nice to have the option. Not gonna stick rigidly to an arbitrary date either way.

Not everyone can change the world but having a family that remembers you ain't a bad start.

I was gonna mention that, but even if you're a bit of a legend you're forgotten by family after a couple of generations or so.

Malcolm Tucker
15-06-2020, 12:28
nobody will be remembered when the planet is engulfed by the sun in 7 billion years

or when an extinction asteroid hits us in the next 1000 years

or when a massive alien ship enters our solar system, ignores all attempts at contact and strips the planet of all of it resources giving no regard to us

or if biden wins in november and trump ragequits by nuking everything

basically everything is ultimately pointless, nobody is getting out alive

Moses
15-06-2020, 13:17
nobody will be remembered when the planet is engulfed by the sun in 7 billion years

or when an extinction asteroid hits us in the next 1000 years

or when a massive alien ship enters our solar system, ignores all attempts at contact and strips the planet of all of it resources giving no regard to us

or if biden wins in november and trump ragequits by nuking everything

basically everything is ultimately pointless, nobody is getting out alive

Elon Musk will help the rich escape.

Oswald
15-06-2020, 19:56
I reckon you go to hell if you don’t get married and have kids

ChemicalKicks
15-06-2020, 21:03
Well I've got a ticket heaven then YAYYY