PDA

View Full Version : How many of us have died so far?

iam
08-04-2020, 22:03
Would be get to get a tally going.

Good to see Bakez and EG are still alive, but where is Enoch?

Frank Castle
09-04-2020, 05:34
Enoch is alive and well on his own forum

He won’t post here as he’s a stubborn cunt

Malcolm Tucker
09-04-2020, 09:53
This is all very 'death of stalin'

Just tell us if he's died of egg starvation, don't try and keep 'Enoch' alive as mythos, something to rally the troops over but is never actually seen or heard first hand

dimle
09-04-2020, 17:26
I'm nearly dead

Frank Castle
09-04-2020, 18:35
No ur not mate x

dimle
09-04-2020, 19:02
I had a stroke last year, that was fucking close.

Frank Castle
09-04-2020, 19:36
I had a stroke this morning. Had to tempt the thing out with a piece of bacon, IM THAT FAT

natalie
16-04-2020, 00:39
My grandad died last week.

The hospitals are in lockdown so I wasn’t allowed in the ambulance with him, nor was I allowed to follow, or allowed in to a&e with him. The doctor called at 1am to say he was much better, and was being transferred to a ward. 3 hours later I got a call to say he had died.

Only 10 people are allowed at the funeral. We have to drive ourselves to the cemetery as funeral cars aren’t allowed. , it’s a burial only, no service allowed. We aren’t allowed flowers, have to stand 2 metres apart and leave immediately afterwards alone and go straight home.

Utterly devastating.

dimle
16-04-2020, 11:41
I'm so sorry Nat :(
We are lucky that my Mum died at home on Dec 22nd with both me & my sister with her and within minutes all her immediate family were there.
Her funeral was absolutely packed for an 84 year old, I can't imagine if I had to go through what you're going through, I'd be a mental wreck.

Malcolm Tucker
16-04-2020, 14:57
It's a shit situation, they're not funerals really at the moment, they're formalities. Funerals are about closure and saying goodbye, remembering good times with people. Can't do any of that. I suppose families will postpone all that and get together afterwards properly but it isn't the same, too much time will elapse. :dolefrog:

Got two relatives in care homes and been told if they get it, they won't be going to hospital for treatment. Which took the family by surprise. One is pretty ill from existing things but other isn't that bad. Trying to navigate the rules and laws on this is a minefield. The homes are quite adamant they have the medical authority to just make them comfortable and treat them at the home. They have one oxygen machine in both homes, no mechanical ventilators. Hancock has said this isn't the case, even the most hopeless cases will be admitted, but then an assessment team of nurses has said he's mistaken and the reality is ambulances would refuse. Fortunately neither have contracted it, and apparently nobody in the home has symptoms but it's a bit meaningless when we know how asymptomatic people can be for a while. Nobody is getting tested in these places from what I can make out. That seems madness to me, celebs are getting tested out of curiosity to see if their sniffle is covid, but care workers who could be unknowingly spreading it aren't getting them. South Korea were testing people 2-3 times removed from initial infection vectors. That's how you stamp it out.

After all this is over there needs to be some solid inquiries getting to the bottom of all this. It feels like there's several major scandals going on as we speak.

Moses
16-04-2020, 15:57
It's a shit situation, they're not funerals really at the moment, they're formalities. Funerals are about closure and saying goodbye, remembering good times with people. Can't do any of that. I suppose families will postpone all that and get together afterwards properly but it isn't the same, too much time will elapse. :dolefrog:

Got two relatives in care homes and been told if they get it, they won't be going to hospital for treatment. Which took the family by surprise. One is pretty ill from existing things but other isn't that bad. Trying to navigate the rules and laws on this is a minefield. The homes are quite adamant they have the medical authority to just make them comfortable and treat them at the home. They have one oxygen machine in both homes, no mechanical ventilators. Hancock has said this isn't the case, even the most hopeless cases will be admitted, but then an assessment team of nurses has said he's mistaken and the reality is ambulances would refuse. Fortunately neither have contracted it, and apparently nobody in the home has symptoms but it's a bit meaningless when we know how asymptomatic people can be for a while. Nobody is getting tested in these places from what I can make out. That seems madness to me, celebs are getting tested out of curiosity to see if their sniffle is covid, but care workers who could be unknowingly spreading it aren't getting them. South Korea were testing people 2-3 times removed from initial infection vectors. That's how you stamp it out.

After all this is over there needs to be some solid inquiries getting to the bottom of all this. It feels like there's several major scandals going on as we speak.

The most hopeless cases won't get intubated. It's a fucking brutal process/thing to happen to you, so the outcomes for the most frail are terrible. Plus all the upheaval with them being moved from where they live etc etc. Best approach is oxygen therapy etc which can happen at nursing homes normally.

https://twitter.com/apnoeaboy/status/1246141491828924416?s=20

Then a very good video featuring the same guy where they cover all sorts including the fact that intubation isn't always the most appropriate treatment,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejlbCmRJMW4

Malcolm Tucker
16-04-2020, 16:56
It feels like it should be case by case though, not blanket and the decision should involve the family, especially as like I say one of them isn't that bad physically. I'd want to see the medical rationale as to why intubation for them is a no-go, other than inconvenience of hospitalisation.

They're misleading the public on these deaths, France includes them in their total, we don't, yet ministers compare UK and France all the time. When this was pointed out the deputy CMO just the other day said the graph she was showing excluded care home deaths of France, but it's a good job a journalist checked the numbers because it wasn't true. They say it's too hard to count those deaths. Doubt that. Who's doing the counting? Nicky Morgan? It's because they're dropping like flies WITHOUT a test taking place either during their illness or quickly after. They're waiting for the post-mortem swab which has a huge backlog. Symptomatic residents should be tested at a minimum.

The PPE in care homes is another problem, Priti Patel was the minister to do that briefing and the government is just 'sorry if you feel like we haven't done enough there' - made all the worse because she said it with a shit eating grin.

I support a lot of what is happening, social distancing, lockdown, temporary powers etc, but I think care homes have been massively overlooked. Whether it's deliberate or not because they don't give a shit, but it could come back to bite them when the dust has settled. Serious errors in judgement going on, even if they don't care about residents dying because they cost money and don't vote, it doesn't look good to have carers dropping dead does it?

Moses
16-04-2020, 17:35
I don’t think it’s by any means a blanket policy, but you’re reliant on the people involved to make the right decision unfortunately. But yes, they’ve not done enough with care/nursing homes and it’s a fucking joke. That pisses me off because I’ve got an 89 year old relative in a care home up here and the general PPE issues piss me off because my sister in law is a doc. Obvs it’s shambolic generally but it’s worse when it’s family involved.

But yeah, they’re cunts on the data etc. They added the all deaths figure to the graph today but it’s not up to date/uses an old data point because there’s a massive lag in the ONS data.

Malcolm Tucker
16-04-2020, 18:48
At least carers can buy a badge now.