We are not afraid Current Bitcoin Price: $

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Computers and Technology

Old 30-03-2017, 19:27   #1
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.
Default Subwoofers

Anyone want to chime in? Anyone here got one? What you got? Do you like it??

I'm looking to add a subwoofer(s) to my HiFi, I'm thinking I want a sealed unit because the room isn't exactly massive and I hate bass boom. I've actually got the bass ports on my floor standers bunged because of boom, boom is shit.

I found a company called BK Electronics based in the UK, they manufactured subs for other companies before going solo and they've got an excellent rep.

I was thinking something like this http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers/XXLS400FF.htm

Thoughts?
Charlie Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 19:40   #2
dimle
Baron Balderdash

dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Take a look at my subs, I've got four of them -

dimle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 19:42   #3
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Dimle

I swear to fuck, I was looking at setting up a passive PA with active xovers. Maybe some midhi tops with subs.

What's your setup mate, genuinely curious!?
Old 30-03-2017, 19:43   #4
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Show me your RACK!
Old 30-03-2017, 20:30   #5
pant
Your next wife

AKA: pant
pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Dimple wins. Awesome
Charlie you said you don't want boom and that your speakers have some oompf so maybe just leave it like it is?
pant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 20:43   #6
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pant View Post
Dimple wins. Awesome
Charlie you said you don't want boom and that your speakers have some oompf so maybe just leave it like it is?
Spot on, hate boom, you know when the bass hits that note and it just seems to reverberate and overpower everything else? Before I plugged the bass ports there was a lot of that and they sound much tighter now if ya know what I mean. Hence I was thinking a sealed sub would be nice.

But despite what monitor audio say about the speakers there's no real output below 40hz, I want to get a sub to fill in that last bit of the bottom. I ran a sweep at -10db and this is when I realised how much I was missing.
Old 30-03-2017, 21:13   #7
dimle
Baron Balderdash

dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Kelly View Post
Dimle

I swear to fuck, I was looking at setting up a passive PA with active xovers. Maybe some midhi tops with subs.

What's your setup mate, genuinely curious!?
That is a 3000 watt Mackie PA system, all the amps are built in and of course is used for live band purposes.
This is the mixing desk -

I have 3 of these for monitors but they are also used as a small PA -

I also have two smaller PA systems based around Studiomaster mixer/amps and Celestion speakers.
Old 30-03-2017, 21:14   #8
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Have you pushed ALL the buttons on the mixer?
Old 30-03-2017, 21:28   #9
dimle
Baron Balderdash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Kelly View Post
Have you pushed ALL the buttons on the mixer?
Most of them
Old 31-03-2017, 19:01   #10
pant
Your next wife

AKA: pant
pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

To 11?
pant is offline   Reply With Quote