We are not afraid

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Motors

Old 01-05-2018, 14:34   #71
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Just checked my car's MOT history online, it's only done 1100 miles since last year.

These were the advisories... a load of expense at some point in future no doubt.

Quote:
both sills corroded
Oil leak ()
Nearside Rear Trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
Offside Rear Trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Offside Front Lower Suspension arm ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Offside Front Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Offside Front tyre worn smooth on inner edge
Enoch Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 14:55   #72
capitalist
fuckpig

AKA: Anarchist
capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I like not having to worry about any of that

To be fair, I do keep thinking about getting a car, just a small fun weekend type car, but it's way down on my priorities. Sorting out my flat comes first
capitalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 15:48   #73
capitalist
fuckpig

AKA: Anarchist
capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie View Post
Its still cheaper to drive though. I live in bramhall and there are buses and trains but to go two minutes down the road to take felix to preschool costs 60 a month. Ot only cost 30 in petrol to get to centerparcs and back!
You take the car to preschool when it's only two minutes away? WALK!
capitalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 16:23   #74
natalie
Cad and Bounder

natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalist View Post
You take the car to preschool when it's only two minutes away? WALK!
No I get the bus! The journey from the bus stop to the stop outside preschool is 2 mins, but the bus stop is a 10 mins walk from our house, so to walk from house to school would take 25 mins. I walk home from drop off though. Next year Ill have to drive though because felix will be at school and Monty will be at preschool and I wont have time to walk between the two.
natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 16:54   #75
Groot
God damn it, you've got to be kind.

AKA: Penski
Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Powell View Post
Just checked my car's MOT history online, it's only done 1100 miles since last year.

These were the advisories... a load of expense at some point in future no doubt.
Nah, simple stuff.

The sills - give them a clean and treat with rust killer. Then some etch primer and then a coat of hammerite or similar. Will keep them good for another two to three years easily for about 30 all in.

Only other thing which would bother me is the tyre - if it wears to the point of needing changed, get them to check the alignment.

You don't do enough miles to make the rest an issue for a good few years yet. You're looking at about 100 to fix them all though.
Old 01-05-2018, 17:06   #76
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I'm not happy about the tyre being worn because they're nearly new (I mean they're a few years old but hardly any miles). The car doesn't pull to the side either. I bet it's one of the potholes which infest our roads, I drove into one which made me cringe a while back, which I missed seeing. (I mean the pothole has fucked the alignment up, not that it wore the tyre.)

Anyway yes if those things are all that's wrong with the car then I haven't got any major worries. I don't mind shelling out a few hundred a year on repairs if I have to, it's cheaper than getting another car plus Pumas are getting rarer so maybe mine will appreciate as time goes on.

Last edited by Enoch Powell; 01-05-2018 at 17:16.
Old 01-05-2018, 17:15   #77
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

btw I should do the sills like you said, THANKS FOR THE ADVICE
Old 01-05-2018, 17:36   #78
Chuckles
happy

Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I went over a pothole the other month coming out of a car park and because my car is low, it caught the inner fender splashguard and ripped it out along with the wheelarch trim. Luckily all that stuff is plastic and the wheel and paint were fine.

Still cost about 200 quid in parts though. Annoying thing though is because I fixed it myself (even though I bought the replacement bits), I can't provide an invoice from a garage for the work

They have a statutory defence anyway that if the pothole hasn't been reported, they aren't liable

Neither myself or iam want to spend hours cleaning threads up and dealing with RTM's so do us a favour and reign it in a bit please.

This is now serious business.
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 17:36   #79
Groot

Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I do more than your annual mileage each week :/

Fuck, that's a lot.

Eg probably does it every couple of days just driving between service stations looking for fellow truckers to suck off.
Old 01-05-2018, 17:37   #80
Groot

Fender? You dirty yank cunt.