We are not afraid Current Bitcoin Price: $

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Motors

Old 01-05-2018, 17:39   #81
Chuckles
happy

Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

That's what they call the parts, even though they are a jap company

Neither myself or iam want to spend hours cleaning threads up and dealing with RTM's so do us a favour and reign it in a bit please.

This is now serious business.
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:49   #82
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I just realised that my cambelt and tensioner is overdue... apparently on the 1.7 the interval was originally 10 years and 100k but after failures Ford reduced it to 5 years or 80k whichever is sooner.

I have the old receipts for my car (previous owner) and it was last done at 77k, in October 2010

Now on 102k.

Apparently a lot of the failures you hear about occurred soon after getting a new kit fitted, which wasn't done right, because doing it properly takes expertise that not all garages possess. Supposedly the belt doesn't snap but the cheap plastic tensioners do. (Or in the case of failures of new fittings, it's because it hasn't been tensioned right or whatever, so it slips after a few weeks.)

Suffice to say if I take it to a Ford dealer they will charge me more than the car is worth. So what are the chances of it lasting, if I just chance it? Will I be able to hear if the tensioner is about to fail?

I am hoping the 5 year interval is highly conservative and it's mainly the mileage that matters, which is only 25k since it was done.

I don't see much future for the Americans... it's a decayed country. And they have their racial problem, and the problem of social inequalities... my feelings against Americanism are feelings of hatred and deep repugnance... everything about the behaviour of American society reveals that it's half Judaised, and the other half negrified. How can one expect a State like that to hold together?
a wise man named Adolf Hitler

Last edited by Enoch Powell; 05-05-2018 at 18:00. Reason: 80 not 50
Enoch Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:46
creme egg
This message has been deleted by creme egg.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:20   #83
Groot
God damn it, you've got to be kind.

AKA: Penski
Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Personally I'd just sell it. It has a fresh ticket so you'll be able to advertise it at 750 and accept the first 600 you're offered. 600 buys a decent car.

You can chance it, and you'll hear it going, but it'll be the sound of valves hitting pistons, at which point the car is worth 80 over the bridge.

Dunno where you live these days but I know a tidy MK1 focus in Sheffield that's looking for a home.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:22   #84
Groot
God damn it, you've got to be kind.

AKA: Penski
Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

A good wash and polish, and some good photos in decent light and a nice location will sell it for you. It's free to advertise cars under a grand on autotrader now. Facebook and Gumtree just result in offers of FIFTY QID AN A XBOX M8
Old 05-05-2018, 12:28   #85
creme egg

creme egg is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.creme egg is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.creme egg is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.creme egg is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.creme egg is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.creme egg is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.creme egg is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.creme egg is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.creme egg is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.creme egg is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.creme egg is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Facebook was the only place that found me a decent offer on my car when I was selling it- this was after trying Auto trader and eBay. Though you probably need an account to sell on Facebook
creme egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 13:46   #86
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Drive the car into a massive bin
it's probably an FBIPLANTBYJEWSWHOALSODID911BTW
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 14:34   #87
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

We are enslaved by machines

Without the existence of mass transportation, everything we need would be local. But our 'freedom' to travel means we HAVE to travel, which means we HAVE to pay for a car (or often equally or more expensive public transport, unless you live in a major city), which means we end up being at the mercy of the damn thing

It's a strange kind of freedom where a machine dictates that you must - in the final analysis - spend years of your life working, just to run a machine, so that you can get to the place where you spend years of your life working.

This has been Enoch Powell's luddite thought for the day.
I don't see much future for the Americans... it's a decayed country. And they have their racial problem, and the problem of social inequalities... my feelings against Americanism are feelings of hatred and deep repugnance... everything about the behaviour of American society reveals that it's half Judaised, and the other half negrified. How can one expect a State like that to hold together?
a wise man named Adolf Hitler
Enoch Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 14:39   #88
Visage
Lord Lucan

AKA: Bakez
Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Some of us want a life richer than what can be sourced within spitting distance of a single village where you're born, live, and die.