We are not afraid

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Food and Drink

Old 04-05-2017, 22:37   #1
dimle
Baron Balderdash

dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.
Default Spec me some dressings for my salad

I've decided to cut my calorie intake down because my diabetes is getting worse and on Monday dinnertime I had my first ever salad made by Mrs Dimle. The trouble was it was tasteless and colleagues suggested dressings. Last night she got me four different ones and today I experimented at work - Caesar (didn't like) but work colleague gave me some cheesy caesar and that was nice but said it was from a Polish shop. I then tried a sweet chili and that was crap. Teh French dressing and Honey & Mustard was OK though.

So, what are your suggestions?
dimle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 22:38   #2
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

you don't listen to advice about why your diabetes is worse
Enoch Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 22:39   #3
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimle View Post
So, what are your suggestions?
Carry on as you are doing, I'm sure everything will be fine
Old 04-05-2017, 22:40   #4
dimle
Baron Balderdash

dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Powell View Post
you don't listen to advice about why your diabetes is worse
Shouldn't I eat salad?
Old 04-05-2017, 22:55   #5
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Quote:
Shouldn't I eat salad?
I meant your reference to calories. Cutting calories is irrelevant to you, you need to be on a high fat, low carb diet (and moderate protein). I believe honey and mustard dressing is high carb so you're just fucking yourself. But you won't listen to me
Old 04-05-2017, 22:56   #6
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Quote:
Salad dressings

Some salad dressings can be quite misleading, especially those labelled as “light” or “fat-free”, which are often laden with sugar. Avoid products that are based on sweet tasting flavours (especially if they feature in the product name), such as Honey Mustard Dressings, at all costs.
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/blog/2016/...-sugary-foods/
Old 04-05-2017, 22:57   #7
dimle
Baron Balderdash

Which dressing then?
Old 04-05-2017, 23:01   #8
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

No idea, I wouldn't have any personally. When I have salad which isn't often, I have mayonnaise which is high fat, low carb. (Don't get 'light' mayo)

Eat anything you like so long as the meal only has a few grams of carbs in it. Just read the label.
Old 04-05-2017, 23:04   #9
dimle
Baron Balderdash

Balsamic & Beetroot should be OK then.
There's no way I can eat salad without a taste to it, I might as well eat grass.
I'm about 3 stone overweight so I need to get that off firs to be honest.
Old 05-05-2017, 00:05   #10
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Quote:
There's no way I can eat salad without a taste to it, I might as well eat grass.
If you have to choose between giving up some food you like, or going blind and losing limbs, which is more important to you? Or do you think that if you just put your head in the sand, everything will be ok?

Quote:
I'm about 3 stone overweight so I need to get that off firs to be honest.
If you eat what I advocate, you'll lose the weight in no time.

But you don't believe it will work, so you don't try it.

Last edited by Enoch Powell; 05-05-2017 at 00:08.