We are not afraid Current Bitcoin Price: $

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Computers and Technology

Old 13-02-2017, 21:41   #101
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Powell View Post
Windows 10 is literally dogshit
It's decent TBH, honestly, try using any variation of Linux for 12 months and come back to me. I did .
Charlie Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 21:50   #102
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Kelly View Post
It's decent TBH, honestly, try using any variation of Linux for 12 months and come back to me. I did .
It's okay, but Windows 7 is a lot better.

I have up to date experience of what it's like because I've been using it recently to play Forza Apex amongst other things (because it needs Windows 10 as it's a UWP app.)

One of the things which is annoying compared to Windows 7 is you will occasionally find certain web pages not loading in one browser, but they will load in another. Like it's a weird DNS issue or something. Never had that in Windows 7. Searched for solutions and all I found was that the issue is widespread on Windows 10 (I said widespread, not universal) and that there is no known solution.

Incidentally Microsoft's app store is an abomination and this is objective fact, not just my opinion. The Forza games have issues up to and including major stuttering and crashing to desktop, which affects people with rigs which far exceed the recommended system requirements. It's just the same old Microsoft groundhog day bullshit. So like Forza Apex runs perfectly for me, for a while, but over time it gets worse and worse, apparently due to a memory leak which the devs don't bother to fix (or can't figure out how to), and you need to restart it to get it to behave again. Until the next time.
"If the Jewish press still thinks it can intimidate the Labour movement with veiled threats, if they think they can evade our emergency decrees, they should watch out. One day our patience will run out, and the Jews' insolent, lying mouths will be shut for them!"
Jeremy Corbyn
Enoch Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 22:00   #103
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Charlie Kelly is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

The web page thing is very strange, guess I'm lucky I haven't experienced it.

Totally agree on the wank store it's the biggest pile of shit, it's a bit like Google +, the company really wants to push it but no one fucking wants it.
Old 13-02-2017, 22:20   #104
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Did you hear about people who bought Forza Horizon 3 through the app store.

MS pushed some big update (like 60 gigabytes ) which erased people's save games. Including one-off gift cars etc. which they can't get back.

This for a game which cost 50
"If the Jewish press still thinks it can intimidate the Labour movement with veiled threats, if they think they can evade our emergency decrees, they should watch out. One day our patience will run out, and the Jews' insolent, lying mouths will be shut for them!"
Jeremy Corbyn
Old 13-02-2017, 22:45   #105
Charlie Kelly
BRO

I hadn't, did this happen to you?
Old 13-02-2017, 22:50   #106
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

No I haven't got the game, the price and widespread reports of problems put me off.
Jeremy Corbyn
Old 13-02-2017, 22:51   #107
Charlie Kelly
BRO

Fucking shit show.

I had read about people getting refunds for some FPS game because there was no online to play with. There was a large PC community but they couldn't interact with people who bought the Windows store.
Old 13-02-2017, 23:03   #108
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

Dunno about that but I heard Quantum Break ran like shit on the Windows store, but they brought out a Steam version, dx11, which runs much better.

I expect Forza could run in Windows 7 and dx11 as well, it's likely an artificial limitation which MS have imposed to get people to try Windows 10.

They did exactly the same way back when, with Halo 2 on PC which they made a dx10 exclusive for Windows Vista. Even though the Xbox version ran on dx8 hardware.
Jeremy Corbyn
Old 13-02-2017, 23:03   #109
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

Dunno about that but I heard Quantum Break ran like shit on the Windows store, but they brought out a Steam version, dx11, which runs much better.

I expect Forza could run in Windows 7 and dx11 as well, it's likely an artificial limitation which MS have imposed to get people to try Windows 10.

They did exactly the same way back when, with Halo 2 on PC which they made a dx10 exclusive for Windows Vista. Even though the Xbox version ran on dx8 hardware.

Remember Games for Windows Live? MIcrosoft's promises to really get behind PC gaming? Yeah, now defunct, never supported properly, always buggy, now dead and buried.
Jeremy Corbyn
Old 16-02-2017, 19:49   #110
capitalist
fuckpig

AKA: Anarchist
capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I like Windows 8 I have to say, not tried 10 yet.
capitalist is offline   Reply With Quote