We are not afraid Current Bitcoin Price: $

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > General Discussion

Old 16-10-2018, 18:02   #2221
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

When the Tories tackle the deficit, Craig says 'OMG AUSTERITY. PUBLIC FINANCES AREN'T LIKE A HOUSEHOLD BUDGET'

When Trump deficit spends, Craig says 'OMG DEFICIT SPENDING. LMAO TRUMP IS A FUCKING IDIOT'
Enoch Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 18:03   #2222
Stagflation
Hereward

AKA: Stag
Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man.

C.S. Lewis
Stagflation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 18:04   #2223
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Still, efforts from those of us with a clue, to educate him and Chuckles on these simple matters over the years, have fallen on stony ground.
Old 16-10-2018, 18:11   #2224
Chuckles
happy

Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagflation View Post
Nope, never claimed it would either.

The wealth gap has been widening since forever (okay probably 1980?) and while the lever of acquiring equity through a mortgage is increasingly out of reach (for numerous reasons) then I certainly don't expect it to happen any time soon. We're at a point where capital is king, well you can try to incentivise corporations to invest but returning to 1970s tax rates won't be some magic bullet. If you increase tax rates drastically you may well close the wealth gap, but it will probably mean everyone becomes collectively poorer as capital flight and corporate off shoring accelerates.
That's a really contradictory statement. So the wealth gap widening is relatively modern, since yes around the 80's, but some context of the last 100 years

You're then citing higher taxation as not being a solution, yet the point in which they start being drastically (amongst other neoliberal changes under Thatcher) matches exactly when wealth inequality starts rising again drastically.

Finally you say that it although it although inequality may not be as bad, everyone would be relatively poorer but you are also talking about mortgages. Housing was clearly more affordable to everyone in the past.

Neither myself or iam want to spend hours cleaning threads up and dealing with RTM's so do us a favour and reign it in a bit please.

This is now serious business.
Chuckles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 18:23   #2225
Visage
Lord Lucan

AKA: Bakez
Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

https://www.ft.com/content/c0e4c024-...d-fa565ec55929

Theyre spending the tax cuts on share buybacks to boost shareholder value, not on employees.
Old 16-10-2018, 18:26   #2226
Chuckles
happy

Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Powell View Post
When the Tories tackle the deficit, Craig says 'OMG AUSTERITY. PUBLIC FINANCES AREN'T LIKE A HOUSEHOLD BUDGET'

When Trump deficit spends, Craig says 'OMG DEFICIT SPENDING. LMAO TRUMP IS A FUCKING IDIOT'
The obvious difference is that the criticism of austerity is that you grow your tax revenues as an alternative to reducing the outgoings. What Trump is doing is reducing his revenues and giving it to business. Surprised you approve as it's pretty much the most neoliberal policy you could have, which I thought you didn't like

Also, I don't think anyone here actually supported Hilary Clinton. Personally I wanted Bernie Sanders out of any of those candidates. Claiming people who criticise Trump implicitly support her is just falling for his narrative.

Neither myself or iam want to spend hours cleaning threads up and dealing with RTM's so do us a favour and reign it in a bit please.

This is now serious business.
Chuckles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 18:31   #2227
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
The obvious difference is that the criticism of austerity is that you grow your tax revenues as an alternative to reducing the outgoings. What Trump is doing is reducing his revenues and giving it to business. Surprised you approve as it's pretty much the most neoliberal policy you could have, which I thought you didn't like

Also, I don't think anyone here actually supported Hilary Clinton. Personally I wanted Bernie Sanders out of any of those candidates. Claiming people who criticise Trump implicitly support her is just falling for his narrative.
I didn't say I approved.

Oh and Visage certainly supported Hillary.
Old 16-10-2018, 18:32   #2228
Visage
Lord Lucan

AKA: Bakez
Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Powell View Post

The UK is in a slump, the US is in a boom. Thats the difference. Deficit spending is cyclical.

Hope that helps.
Old 16-10-2018, 18:34   #2229
Stagflation
Hereward

Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

It's not contradictory, I know very well the history and the levers in the past that kept it in check; the problem is I don't think repeating the past strategy is workable in our globalised present.

This is not some reactionary take, maybe it is on the pessimistic side and for what it's worth I support increasing taxes up to a point; the problem is without global cooperation the capitalists win whatever you do.

All we have to do is look to France to see where it takes us, those tax rises didn't exactly work did they? The thinking has to be so much smarter but with Union power held in check by immigration I can't see them having the leverage necessary to really punish capital. I'd definitely like to see a return of earning ratios as excessive bosses pay has got totally out of hand.

With the QE that followed the financial crisis 10 years ago it has made the problem worse. Whilst it kept the gears turning it has resulted in so much capital chasing firm assets it's basically just torn up the social contract. You think a few taxes can fix that?

Whilst you support open borders you cripple unions leverage as workers become easily replaceable. This is where the 'Lexit' position comes into it...
We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man.

C.S. Lewis
Old 16-10-2018, 18:35   #2230
Stagflation
Hereward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visage View Post
https://www.ft.com/content/c0e4c024-...d-fa565ec55929

Theyre spending the tax cuts on share buybacks to boost shareholder value, not on employees.

C.S. Lewis

Tags
pies fingers his niece up the shitpipe, pies kicking fuck out of the sjws, pies wanks purple aki off, visage wrong again non-shocker, wanky lefty sjw's wrong again...lol