We are not afraid Current Bitcoin Price: $

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-12-2017, 16:13   #1451
Enoch Powell
Ponzi King

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagflation View Post
His investment manager has probably convinced him he can get a better return on the capital and/or is hoping they'll be a housing correction.
So he's gambling he can get a better return on the stock market (or wherever his pension fund is invested) rather than from the housing market. Meantime he is paying high market rents, money which would have reduced his mortgage. Unless the housing market absolutely crashes and/or the stockmarket rockets, I can't see this makes sense in almost any likely scenario.

I know that (due to Osborne's rule changes) he can cash in his entire pension fund after 55 and buy a house later, but he'd have to pay a lot of tax on that, which again means it'd need to perform incredibly well to offset the difference compared to if he'd just kept his house, which he'd have also benefited from every day by getting to live in it and not be answerable to a landlord.

Quote:
So in six years pensions are going to increase by 50%, how the fuck have they worked that out?
Indeed, I have no idea. That's way beyond recent growth rates, in our current era of low inflation over the last few decades.

Quote:
Funniest thing in it:

The average renter isn't probably not even saving close to that, in fact the average renter is probably lucky to save anything! My guess is that the author of that piece is living in a middle class bubble.
Yep I think most people would laugh at that. People who can afford that sort of sustained saving are in a small minority.

There have been some odd articles recently. One asked if it is possible to survive on a 'low wage' of 19k. Okay I accept it's low compared to a lot of people, but equally, millions would consider that a quite good wage. It was some council IT worker in Suffolk (where housing is not terribly expensive compared to some areas). He said he was paying 60 a month into a pension but had to stop paying it to save money. He pays 200 a month 'rent' to live with his girlfriend in her flat or whatever. There were comments on the article with loads saying it was a good wage and they were living on vastly less.

Basically there's so much retarded shit that I just want to kill myself when I read it

Here's that article btw: http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/29/how-pe...-year-7111645/

Last edited by Enoch Powell; 03-12-2017 at 16:17.
Enoch Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 19:08   #1452
Groot
God damn it, you've got to be kind.

AKA: Penski
Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Don't let us stop you...
Old 04-12-2017, 12:14   #1453
Stagflation
Hereward

AKA: Stag
Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
So in six years pensions are going to increase by 50%, how the fuck have they worked that out?
Thinking about this I reckon they must be banking on a massive wave of inflation, further pound devaluation, with a subsequent jacking of interest rates leading to a stock market surge. Where this would leave the housing market I'm not sure, I guess it would depend on if the rates are jacked enough to cause large numbers of repossessions.

Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.
- Bertrand Russell
Stagflation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:16   #1454
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

it better leave housing market at least 10% higher I swear to god
it's probably an FBIPLANTBYJEWSWHOALSODID911BTW
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:39   #1455
Stagflation
Hereward

Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Depends on the levels of repossessions and whether we escape stagflation, if the economy does well with subsequent wage inflation that could indeed be the case. Long term property should hold its value, what happens in the next 10 years though who knows.

- Bertrand Russell
Old 04-12-2017, 12:41   #1456
Enoch Powell
Ponzi King

Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Thinking about this I reckon they must be banking on a massive wave of inflation, further pound devaluation, with a subsequent jacking of interest rates leading to a stock market surge. Where this would leave the housing market I'm not sure, I guess it would depend on if the rates are jacked enough to cause large numbers of repossessions.
Even if he's right, does it still make sense to have sold his house? He's gambling big, and the pay-off if he's right won't be much, or any better than if he'd have just kept his house and paid the mortgage down. So it seems to me.

Oh and even 700 on rent isn't much if he wants to live anywhere decent, in most parts of the country that barely gets you a decent flat or small house.

I wonder at the propaganda behind articles like this, is any of it even real ffs
Old 04-12-2017, 12:45   #1457
Stagflation
Hereward

Lets say he's got 300k invested, and has calculated a 50% increase. That's a 150k rise and if he has to pay say 10k a year in rent for 5 years he could be up 100k. I agree it's a massive gamble but if there's also a housing correction it could be massively advantageous.

- Bertrand Russell
Old 04-12-2017, 12:52   #1458
Enoch Powell
Ponzi King

And if it doesn't, he's lost 50k on rent which would have reduced his mortgage and/or could have invested more into his pension because chances are his minimum mortgage payments were lower than his rent is.

On any sort of rational risk/reward ratio basis it's mental imo
Old 04-12-2017, 12:54   #1459
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Betting against the housing market is not something I'd want to do if I'm honest, even as a homeowner now with the bias that comes with it, I still think it's a stupid gamble. Even if it does 'correct' - it'd be short and shallow and then back to normal again. Even the financial crisis' impact on house prices was brief, only those forced to sell during their dip into negative equity were affected, everyone else just waited it out a few years.
it's probably an FBIPLANTBYJEWSWHOALSODID911BTW
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 13:50   #1460
Stagflation
Hereward

It's less about betting against the housing market than seeing the growth potential of the stock market. Either way I think he's probably deluded.

- Bertrand Russell

Tags
asks the bnp shadow chancellor, can wogs be melted down for gold, craigs mum is about to burst, don't get your knickers in a twist dd, excellent scarn tags, more pretentious stag shite, penis is a proven habitual liar, stag is a wog, stag is sequoia in disguise, stag taking heavy damage, theo forpetesake eyes stags money