We are not afraid Current Bitcoin Price: $

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Sports

Old 26-04-2018, 13:46   #51
capitalist
fuckpig

AKA: Anarchist
capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Powell View Post
So you actually what, eat a ~2000 calorie meal once a day?

Or by 'eating once' do you mean you eat a normal sized meal, but have loads of alcohol at various times as well?
I doubt I eat 2,000 calories a day, my main meal is usually a healthy (relatively!) curry or stir fry of some sort at night.

But no, not drinking much any more, peppermint tea is my new thing at night... mainly because I have an actual home now so I'm not inclined to just sit in the pub all night
capitalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 13:46   #52
capitalist
fuckpig

capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagflation View Post
How long did it take for you to adjust to eating like that, did you go through a period where you'd feel hungry in the morning/lunchtime?
Wasn't really that difficult and didn't take long at all strangely enough. I think one factor is that I was sort of "forced" to eat out when I was flat-sharing, and the choices for breakfast and lunch at work were basically all boring shit that I didn't want, so I just stopped eating them and saved myself for a nice meal at night instead. I used to use milky sugary tea as a "snack" sometimes if I got hungry, but don't really do that any more either.

Things may change now I can (and am) able to cook and make lunches at home and stuff and bring to work. Will see.
Old 26-04-2018, 13:47   #53
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Your pancreas must be in fucking tatters
it's probably an FBIPLANTBYJEWSWHOALSODID911BTW
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 13:49   #54
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Even as someone who is largely sedentary, I couldn't manage on just one meal a day. I wake up hungry and I eat, then I'm hungry a few hours later so I eat again, and so on. I eat regularly throughout the day and evening.

I mean I'm not saying you should force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry, obviously, but I'm just surprised one meal a day satisfies you.
"If the Jewish press still thinks it can intimidate the Labour movement with veiled threats, if they think they can evade our emergency decrees, they should watch out. One day our patience will run out, and the Jews' insolent, lying mouths will be shut for them!"
Jeremy Corbyn
Enoch Powell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 13:57   #55
Stagflation
Hereward

AKA: Stag
Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Not sure how correct this is but it's partly to do with how our metabolisms get conditioned, with modern diets our bodies favour glucose as fuel (which is obviously where diabetes has become prevalent) where as in premodern times we were more about eating less frequently and using our fat stores as fuel.

Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.
- Bertrand Russell
Stagflation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 16:12   #56
capitalist
fuckpig

And your stomach gets conditioned too, the more you eat, the more it expands, the more it tells you you need food to fill it and take away the feeling of hunger.
Old 26-04-2018, 16:17   #57
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

"If the Jewish press still thinks it can intimidate the Labour movement with veiled threats, if they think they can evade our emergency decrees, they should watch out. One day our patience will run out, and the Jews' insolent, lying mouths will be shut for them!"
Jeremy Corbyn
Old 26-04-2018, 16:53   #58
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I thought it was the opposite tbh and your stomach distended the less you ate, beer bellies aren’t massive stomachs, they just have loads of fat over it ffs
it's probably an FBIPLANTBYJEWSWHOALSODID911BTW
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 13:44   #59
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

According to this, being overweight is a 'lottery'. And what makes you slim is 'diversity'. Yes really.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43822604

Quote:
Prof Tim Spector has been tracking their progress over 25 years, as part of the Twins Research UK study.

He believes a lot of their weight differences are down to the tiny organisms - microbes - that live deep in the gut.

"The greater the diversity, the skinnier the person. If you're carrying too much weight, your microbes aren't as diverse as they should be," says Prof Spector, who found the same pattern in a study of 5,000 people.

Having a healthy and varied diet, rich in different sources of fibre, has been shown to create a more diverse range of gut microbes.
Oh really professor? And what is your solution to increasing the 'diversity' of our microbes?

Ah! To eat the exact same things that everyone else advises to eat, high carb, lots of grains, low fat. The diet that led to the obesity epidemic in the first place.

Quote:
Why do some people diligently follow diets and exercise regularly but still struggle to see results, while others do very little and don't pile on the pounds?

Scientists at Cambridge University believe 40-70% of the effect on our weight is down to variation in the genes we inherit.

"It is a lottery," says Prof Sadaf Farooqi.

"It is now very clear that genes are involved in regulating our weight, and if you have a particular fault in some genes that can be enough to drive obesity."

Particular genes can affect a person's appetite, how much food they want to eat and what type of food they might prefer. Genes can also affect how we burn calories and whether our bodies can efficiently handle fat.

There are at least 100 that can affect weight, including one called MC4R.

It is thought about one in every 1,000 people carries a defective version of the MC4R gene, which works in the brain to control hunger and appetite. People with a fault in this gene tend to be more hungry and crave higher fat foods.
All of this is nonsense and has been debunked, but keeps being repeated as if it's fact. How do they account for the fact that everyone who eats high fat, low carb loses weight and keeps it off? What sort of 'scientists' ignore readily reproducible, verifiable facts?

The BBC laughably calls this 'The Truth about obesity'.

The real truth is very simple and doesn't need all the gobbledygook about 'diversity of microbes'.
Jeremy Corbyn
Old 28-04-2018, 14:44   #60
Stagflation
Hereward

AKA: Stag
Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

There's some truth in the 'diversity of microbes', basically a lot of our health in linked to the flora in our guts. It's now recommended to eat fermented foods for this reason, even things like blue cheese is meant to be beneficial.

Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.
- Bertrand Russell
Stagflation is online now   Reply With Quote