We are not afraid Current Bitcoin Price: $

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Serious Business

Old 12-03-2016, 08:28   #11
pies
If you can read this you are looking at my user title, well done

pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSultanOfShoeVomit View Post
You can but its harder

Video not working? GO OLDSKOOL! Or just give up. N* is bound to post a better vid.

Old 12-03-2016, 19:58   #12
natalie
Cad and Bounder

natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Tucker View Post
The problem is they've had students surveyed and they say they're happy with them, and arguably they could be, it works out ok for them while they're at university and aren't that bothered about it.

Makes a rod for their own back though because the government cite them as reasons why it works, and refuse to regulate employers, resulting in others getting fucked and they'll get fucked as well when they leave uni and can't get a post-graduate job. They'll not want to settle for zero hours then. Will have to, if they're unemployed and want to keep JSA.
But if they're doing a sensible course at uni (ie not a degree in embroidery or computer games) then it's unlikely to affect them isn't it. You don't really get zero hours contracts for solicitors, or dentists, or any other sensible professions.
natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 20:20   #13
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Computer game design is a sensible profession to be honest, but I think ranking professions outside of university would somewhat miss the point that for a range of reasons a student might have no issue with zero hour contracts when they're in education, but change their stance on them later on in life, whether because it then effects them directly or they see the effect on their now working age peers who perhaps aren't in "sensible" jobs like dentistry.

It's not something I fully blame students for saying while they're at uni, the blame IMO moreso lies with the government ministers who jump on students approval of them as evidence that they are fine, and it ends up remaining the same for everybody else as well when there's clear cases of abuse of something that was originally designed to fill unexpected/last minute demand etc, or to cover temporary loss of existing staff.

I can see a case for not banning them completely, but I can't see a case for leaving them as they are, they need better regulation IMO.
it's probably an FBIPLANTBYJEWSWHOALSODID911BTW
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 20:40   #14
natalie
Cad and Bounder

natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.natalie is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Computer game design is a sensible profession to be honest, but I think ranking professions outside of university would somewhat miss the point that for a range of reasons a student might have no issue with zero hour contracts when they're in education, but change their stance on them later on in life, whether because it then effects them directly or they see the effect on their now working age peers who perhaps aren't in "sensible" jobs like dentistry.

It's not something I fully blame students for saying while they're at uni, the blame IMO moreso lies with the government ministers who jump on students approval of them as evidence that they are fine, and it ends up remaining the same for everybody else as well when there's clear cases of abuse of something that was originally designed to fill unexpected/last minute demand etc, or to cover temporary loss of existing staff.

I can see a case for not banning them completely, but I can't see a case for leaving them as they are, they need better regulation IMO.
yes i wasnt thinking of design really, yes thats a sensible profession, but there are too many shit degrees around now that are never going to lead to a career in that area.
Old 12-03-2016, 20:50   #15
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Perhaps, but I wouldn't want the justification of someone being exploited on a zero hour contract to be a.) should have gone to uni then and b.) should have gone to uni and done a sensible degree then.
Old 12-03-2016, 20:51   #16
natalie
Cad and Bounder

Quote:
Perhaps, but I wouldn't want the justification of someone being expoited on a zero hour contract to be a.) should have gone to uni then and b.) should have gone to uni and done a sensible degree then.
No, I wasnt saying that. I meant that the people who agree with them as students probably wouldnt do if they thought they would be subject to them in the future.
Old 12-03-2016, 20:55   #17
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Students having foresight?

No but I get what you mean, and tbh they're well within their rights to take questions such as "Does a zero hour contract work well for you?" at face value and answer honestly. I don't blame them for that. The depressing, but rather predictable, bit comes from the government's spin that zero hours are actually alright, Ed Miliband was just being anti-business, nothing to see here etc
Old 12-03-2016, 21:26   #18
Groot
God damn it, you've got to be kind.

AKA: Penski
Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie View Post
yes i wasnt thinking of design really, yes thats a sensible profession, but there are too many shit degrees around now that are never going to lead to a career in that area.
My friend actually has a degree in embroidery

She makes a living doing embroidery commissions :/

*n
Old 12-03-2016, 21:34   #19
natalie
Cad and Bounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
My friend actually has a degree in embroidery

She makes a living doing embroidery commissions :/

*n

An office junior whos job it was to sort the post where i once worked had a degree in embroidery. She had to work 7.30 till 5.15 for minimum wage. and had loads of overdrafts and credit cards for uni debt. and student loands but obviously wasnt having to pay those on that salary. I felt really sorry fro her.