We are not afraid

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Computers and Technology

Old 30-12-2008, 19:51   #21
ForumJacker
RAINBOW MAKER

ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker

Do you let your kids use it?

Or do they use it anyway?
Old 30-12-2008, 19:53   #22
Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumJacker View Post
Do you let your kids use it?
Nope! Not really, unless it is just to watch the odd dvd/youtube video, with me watching too.

Isaac is too young (18 months) and oliver (3) prefers the pc
Old 30-12-2008, 20:05   #23
Matblack
Living my boring ass life

Matblack offers personal services for rep

I think we'll start to see new interfaces and maybe Digidesk will make it in to the high end market

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=...e9&from=writer

MB
Matblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 21:18   #24
flump
Hmmnmnmnmmnmnnm

flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Corporate Affairs

AMD, hmm sold off to the chopstick wielders before too long.

Many mergers especially in the consultancy game.

Gateway and several others in real trouble before too long.

New things

CUDA et al to be the hot skill as mathmatical moddlers turn to GPU technology to number crunch commercially.

Intel graphics cards beating everything

Sony et al to really push the media pc so it appeals to the commoner. Maybe Apple will join in.

Flippant Meanderings

My new system, to be purchased on pay day in feb to keep me in the "workshop" for a weeks leave.

Rockstar closes as GTAV is discovered to mean "turn off the gas then you furry hat wearing potato eaters and see if we give a fuck it's not even slighty nippy!" in Ruskyish

"Shoevomit" makes it into Wikipedia

flump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 21:23   #25
mcmad
Aw yeah, it's business time

mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flump View Post
Corporate Affairs

AMD, hmm sold off to the chopstick wielders before too long.
Arabs already got the assets , see my previous post, leaves them as a design company with a chance of survival, Asians are suffering big time, foundry utilisation dropping to 50% (90% needed for breakeven)

Cant say too much about specifics, insider trading & all that but expect mass consolidation next year & some shockingly bad numbers from some of the big semis for the next two quarters
mcmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 21:45   #26
Rusty Shackleford
Proletariat

Rusty Shackleford is infamous around these partsRusty Shackleford is infamous around these partsRusty Shackleford is infamous around these partsRusty Shackleford is infamous around these partsRusty Shackleford is infamous around these partsRusty Shackleford is infamous around these partsRusty Shackleford is infamous around these partsRusty Shackleford is infamous around these partsRusty Shackleford is infamous around these partsRusty Shackleford is infamous around these partsRusty Shackleford is infamous around these parts

TV sets are getting smaller and smaller, and bigger and bigger. Soon the medium-sized set will be a thing of the past.
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 21:53   #27
The Jose Cuervo
I'll always be there when you wake

AKA: Jose Cuervo
The Jose Cuervo is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.The Jose Cuervo is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.The Jose Cuervo is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.The Jose Cuervo is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.The Jose Cuervo is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.The Jose Cuervo is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.The Jose Cuervo is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.The Jose Cuervo is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.The Jose Cuervo is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.The Jose Cuervo is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.The Jose Cuervo is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

With a bit of luck, Sky HD will be free!!!!
Old 31-12-2008, 01:29   #28
ForumJacker
RAINBOW MAKER

ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker ForumJacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by -nat- View Post
Nope! Not really, unless it is just to watch the odd dvd/youtube video, with me watching too.

Isaac is too young (18 months) and oliver (3) prefers the pc
A friends old white plastic macbook pretty much fell apart. But he jets around the world and used to batter it about a bit.
Old 31-12-2008, 01:42   #29
Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumJacker View Post
A friends old white plastic macbook pretty much fell apart. But he jets around the world and used to batter it about a bit.
my white macbook fell apart in 12 weeks.

It got that thing where a pice snaps off the front, an 8 inch crack accross the back (whihc apple tried to tell me i was mistaking inches for cm, until i took a picture of it against a tape measure) the keyboard broke, the airport stopped working, and i went through 3 chargers.

They replaced it and gave me a free ipod.
Old 31-12-2008, 10:16   #30
flump
Hmmnmnmnmmnmnnm

flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.flump is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
TV sets are getting smaller and smaller, and bigger and bigger. Soon the medium-sized set will be a thing of the past.
Insights like that put me in a state of awe. So obvious yet so obtuse
flump is offline   Reply With Quote