We are not afraid

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Computers and Technology

Old 05-01-2009, 14:01   #1
Borris the Cat
Tax Payer

Borris the Cat offers personal services for rep
Default LCD TV for Bedroom

Looking for a 19" (approx) TV. I'd prefer a decent brand and built-in DVD player if possible - any ideas?
Borris the Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 14:34   #2
Snash
Surgeons suck cock

Snash is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Snash is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Snash is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Snash is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Snash is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Snash is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Snash is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Snash is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Snash is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Snash is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Snash is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I got a Grundig 19" with DVD from John Lewis last year. Then the DVD got stuck in it and they replaced it with the more up to date model. It's okay, although the EPGs not as good as on the previous one, and the remote's not that responsive but all round it's fine, lot's of inputs, card reader, USB etc.
Snash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 15:35   #3
Borris the Cat
Tax Payer

Saw a Sharp in there the other day that looked decent. As ever though, you can't really compare the picture quality because TV retailers cannot seem to provide a decent quality signal to their own TVs.
Old 05-01-2009, 17:16   #4
Borris the Cat
Tax Payer

What about using a monitor and DVD player instead? Other than the ports/connections is there anything else to beware of? Surely a monitor is just as good at being a TV?
Old 05-01-2009, 17:22   #5
Chuckles
happy

Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borris the Cat View Post
What about using a monitor and DVD player instead? Other than the ports/connections is there anything else to beware of? Surely a monitor is just as good at being a TV?
What about sound?
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 17:25   #6
Borris the Cat
Tax Payer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
What about sound?
Bugger

So I'd need a soundbar or monitor with built-in speakers...
Old 05-01-2009, 17:27   #7
jezsoup
><>Christian Extremist<><

jezsoup is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.jezsoup is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.jezsoup is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.jezsoup is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.jezsoup is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.jezsoup is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.jezsoup is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.jezsoup is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.jezsoup is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.jezsoup is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.jezsoup is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Bugger

If your after a monitor that doubles as a TV look at the Samsung SyncMaster range. I have an older 730np 17" and the quality is fantastic. Turns out I have had it 4 years, and cost 392 at the time. Damn...

Last edited by jezsoup; 05-01-2009 at 17:29.
jezsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 17:28   #8
Chuckles
happy

Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Bugger

Yeah - You would also be limited to having to get an external freeview box if you wanted to watch anything other than DVD.

The monitors I've seen with build in sound are generally terrible and possibly not even loud enough (assuming you are going to be viewing from a distance).

That said, I think Samsung so some combined TV/Monitor panels. I think Rich might have one.
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 17:42   #9
Waj
I see you've played knifey spoony before...

AKA: Rich
Waj is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Waj is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Waj is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Waj is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Waj is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Waj is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Waj is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Waj is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Waj is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Waj is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Waj is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
That said, I think Samsung so some combined TV/Monitor panels. I think Rich might have one.
Yes they do. Yes I do.
Waj is offline   Reply With Quote