We are not afraid

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Motors

Old 17-07-2017, 13:36   #1
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.
Default Nurses owned over parking fees

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-fines.html

My immediate reaction was the same as yours probably is - OUTRAGEOUS

I wonder though, is it so outrageous. Maybe. But apparently the hospital does provide a lot of parking for staff (over 1000 spaces), but these nurses were using spaces for patients, despite being told not to.

They were also provided with alternative parking, via a park & ride scheme, but chose not to use it.

A lot of people in the UK don't get free parking at work, especially in cities. There just isn't the room is there.

So are they right to feel so aggrieved or did they push their luck a bit too far? I could be convinced either way
Enoch Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 14:05   #2
Northerner
Moon

Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Northerner is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Park and ride is no good if you are working night shifts.

Hospital parking in general is expensive and nothing more than a money making scheme. Why not just give nurses monthly passes?

Also they get to claim parking back so no excuse really

There is always a lighthouse, always a man and always a city...]
Northerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 14:13   #3
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Not enough spaces. And they don't get to claim parking back, they have to pay even for the spaces allocated to them.
Old 17-07-2017, 14:19   #4
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

My missus' sister works at the hospital and when she started she was told if she wanted to park she had to pay a monthly fee for a staff pass (it wasn't cheap) and said it also didn't mean she was guaranteed a space.

She is close enough to walk anyway but how many of the others live close enough? I get space is a premium but there's no way the outsourcing the car parks to private companies is the best solution, they're absolutely raking it in.
it's probably an FBIPLANTBYJEWSWHOALSODID911BTW
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 14:32   #5
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Quote:
Free parking for my bike at my local hospital - and under cover too. Whenever I use the large bike shed it usually only has three or four bikes in it and the hospital has hundreds of staff. Many of them, especially the nurses and ancillary staff, are fat.
Ooof

THERE'S JUST NO NEED
Old 17-07-2017, 14:33   #6
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

I know this much, I bet the top brass in that hospital don't have to worry about getting public transport to work late at night.
Old 17-07-2017, 15:50   #7
capitalist
fuckpig

AKA: Anarchist
capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

My mate works in a hospital (albeit in the I.T. department) and he has to pay quite a lot (I don't know the figure) for a monthly car park pass.
capitalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 20:48   #8
dimle
Baron Balderdash

dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.dimle is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Main topic of conversation today.
There are around 30 staff in our building who go to patients homes every day and they can easily have two parking tickets a day when they get back to the hospital because there is nowhere to park before they have to go out again. None of them have ever paid a fine and they've easily had well over 100 tickets each. If APCOA get their act together they will be fucked.
Most staff (there are over 500 different job titles at our hospital and not just nurses) are OK with paying for a yearly pass. The cheapest is 6/month and the dearest is 20/month but only Consultants get those very close spots. The problem is there isn't enough spaces and many staff arrive late or park where they shouldn't.
Because of all this shit I started cycling 5 years ago and park outside my office.
dimle is offline   Reply With Quote