We are not afraid Current Bitcoin Price: $

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Computers and Technology

Old 05-11-2017, 21:30   #91
Visage
Lord Lucan

AKA: Bakez
Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

OUR SOLDIERS DIED IN THE MUD FOR IMPERIAL MEASUREMENTS. USING METRES MEANS WE'LL SOON BE TALKING GERMAN, YOU HUN CUNT.
Old 16-11-2017, 11:03   #92
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Powell View Post
Now down to 13. plusnet investigating this as a fault, have raised it with Openreach.
Plusnet think it is a fault and recommend an engineer visit, but aren't sure it's a fault and said I'll be charged by Openreach if it isn't (standard industry practice, I know)

So I'm going to leave it at least until the new year and hope the DLM sorts itself out which I think it may do.
"History as it is being written and conveyed today is all too often only a crude mix of untruths, remnants of Allied propaganda from the Second World War, half-truths, tales and myths, cleverly put together for purposes of indoctrinating the brain-dead masses."
Philippe Gautier
Enoch Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 01:53   #93
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42079941

Quote:
Currently ISPs are allowed to use headline speeds that only 10% of customers will actually receive.

In future, adverts must be based on what is available to at least half of customers at peak times.
Meh, wouldn't it be better to educate the public on the basics of how it works.

The way they're going to do it will still be meaningless imo. All FTTC ISPs use the exact same Openreach infrastructure so will all have the same sync speeds as each other for a start. Does Joe and Jane sixpack understand that? Probably not.

Also it stands to reason that as most people live in towns and cities, most people can probably get quite good speeds. But if an ISP says 'most of our customers get at least 40Mb actual speed' - that doesn't help me if I'm a kilometre from the cabinet and get a paltry 15Mb. Or if I'm in a rural hamlet and get 2Mb if I'm lucky.

Quote:
The UK's minister for digital Matt Hancock welcomed the change, describing it as a "victory for consumers".
I think not
"History as it is being written and conveyed today is all too often only a crude mix of untruths, remnants of Allied propaganda from the Second World War, half-truths, tales and myths, cleverly put together for purposes of indoctrinating the brain-dead masses."
Philippe Gautier
Old 23-11-2017, 08:16   #94
capitalist
fuckpig

AKA: Anarchist
capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

The public are supposed to be brainwashed consumers, not educated.
capitalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 11:04   #95
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

I think the whole story reads like a Daily Mash article tbh. The info is already well understood by anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together and who can read. But I guess a lot of people aren't at that level.
Philippe Gautier
Old 23-11-2017, 11:54   #96
Groot
God damn it, you've got to be kind.

AKA: Penski
Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

If I can get fibre in the middle of fucknuckle rural Northumberland, anyone should be able to.

*n
Old 10-09-2018, 21:45   #97
Groot
God damn it, you've got to be kind.

AKA: Penski
Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
If I can get fibre in the middle of fucknuckle rural Northumberland, anyone should be able to.

*n
Just ordered it for the new place - 73.9Mb guaranteed minimum and you can't get a mobile signal

Leeching off the BT WiFi the cottage over the way has atm.