We are not afraid Current Bitcoin Price: $

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Computers and Technology

Old 09-11-2017, 15:05   #1
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.
Default Vodafone to bring 1 gigabit fibre to 5 million homes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41931492

Openreach say they welcome the competition - I doubt it when their 'fibre' products are still stuck in the slow lane for millions
I don't see much future for the Americans... it's a decayed country. And they have their racial problem, and the problem of social inequalities... my feelings against Americanism are feelings of hatred and deep repugnance... everything about the behaviour of American society reveals that it's half Judaised, and the other half negrified. How can one expect a State like that to hold together?
a wise man named Adolf Hitler
Enoch Powell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 18:06   #2
Moses
Baron Balderdash

Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Fuck off with this obsession with pointlessly fast broadbnd for a small number of people and progressively shorter internet for everyone else.
Old 09-11-2017, 18:26   #3
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Pointlessly fast? It isn't so long ago that 1Mb was considered a high end premium speed and the idea of speeds 80+ times that down a phone line being not uncommon would have seemed fantastical, but here we are and it's still not enough to avoid waiting many hours for today's large downloads to finish. eg. video games are 100GB+ now and often have patches in the tens of GBs.

I agree what Vodafone are doing will probably only benefit those in major urban environments. I don't think it's an either/or thing though.
I don't see much future for the Americans... it's a decayed country. And they have their racial problem, and the problem of social inequalities... my feelings against Americanism are feelings of hatred and deep repugnance... everything about the behaviour of American society reveals that it's half Judaised, and the other half negrified. How can one expect a State like that to hold together?
Old 09-11-2017, 18:59   #4
Groot
God damn it, you've got to be kind.

AKA: Penski
Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

A friend has been working on this - the planned rollout is much bigger than the initial announcement.

*n
Old 10-11-2017, 09:01   #5
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

It's good I think, eventually that speed will be needed and probably sooner than we think so get it started. There's probably more economic benefits to be made improving the network for other parts of the country though.
it's probably an FBIPLANTBYJEWSWHOALSODID911BTW
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:31   #6
pant
Your next wife

AKA: pant
pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pant is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

cityfibre are those cunts with the purple tubes.
saw them doing the main road near me recently so fingers crossed
pant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 14:52   #7
Moses
Baron Balderdash

Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Moses is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Powell View Post
Pointlessly fast? It isn't so long ago that 1Mb was considered a high end premium speed and the idea of speeds 80+ times that down a phone line being not uncommon would have seemed fantastical, but here we are and it's still not enough to avoid waiting many hours for today's large downloads to finish. eg. video games are 100GB+ now and often have patches in the tens of GBs.

I agree what Vodafone are doing will probably only benefit those in major urban environments. I don't think it's an either/or thing though.
Well where do you draw the line? I get weve gone from 1 to 50/80 being normal etc, but thats come with us going from vhs tapes from a shop to being able to stream 4K stuff. If we all have internet thats good enough to stream 4K to a couple of computers isnt that basically sufficient? Its not as though were all going to be watching 80k stuff in our toilets whilst doing a shit. At some point its sufficient and becomes pointlessly fast, no?

Especially if you think about where were going to be with mobile broadband with 5g, 6g, etc etc. Reminds me of the Caribbean where they spent shit loads on telephone infrastructure right before mobiles took off .
Old 10-11-2017, 15:26   #8
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

I'd be delighted with 80Mb but it would still take ~3 hours to download the 100GB example. (Would take me about 20 hours currently...fml)

And unfortunately we don't 'all' have internet that's good enough, millions in the UK are on single figure Mb/s, even low single figures. In the CURRENT YEAR™ it's archaic tbh

Mobile has its place but will never be as good as wired (I know for some people who have really shit fibre speeds, mobile is already better, but I mean all things being equal, obviously.)
Old 10-11-2017, 15:37   #9
Groot

Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Groot is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Powell View Post
And unfortunately we don't 'all' have internet that's good enough, millions in the UK are on single figure Mb/s, even low single figures. In the CURRENT YEAR it's archaic tbh
They should move somewhere less shit then - I live in the middle of asspiss nowhere and probably get 20Mb.

*n
Old 10-11-2017, 15:39   #10
Groot

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171110-153605.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	4601