We are not afraid

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Computers and Technology

Old 28-05-2013, 10:26   #91
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pant View Post
if you havent got access to a working mac then do this
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.co.uk/201...c-os-x-on.html

there might be newer guides, dunno
Sounds good but

Quote:
You will need to set your BIOS to ACHI mode and your Boot Priority to boot from CD-ROM first.
My board doesn't have AHCI The board is OSX86 compatible it seems, but obviously it needs a different method to that one above - thanks though.

Yeah I know how to find OSX torrents per se but as you know there are a ton of them, I can suck them and see, and if nobody has a better idea that is what I will do. I just wondered if Chuckles or someone could say YES, *THAT ONE*
Enoch Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 10:28   #92
mcmad
Aw yeah, it's business time

mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

But you'll just end up bitching that the advice you got was wrong ? You know, someone will forget to mention a key press required during boot up or something
Old 28-05-2013, 10:30   #93
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

be nice
Old 28-05-2013, 10:35   #94
Chuckles
happy

Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

You don't really want to do the 10.6 install method and work up from there. From that site, try the unibeast option and go straight to mountain lion. The only issue is you will need a mac to do it (only for 5 mins to make the USB disk).

If you don't have access to one, what I'd do is the burn on of those crappy hacked ISO's that will install and old version with drivers people have knocked together (google kalyway torrent), then from that make the UNIbeast installer.

This looks like the best ISO file for 10.8

http://ca.isohunt.com/release/927021/mac+osx

Neither myself or iam want to spend hours cleaning threads up and dealing with RTM's so do us a favour and reign it in a bit please.

This is now serious business.
Chuckles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 10:36   #95
mcmad
Aw yeah, it's business time

mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Powell View Post
be nice
Ill try
Old 28-05-2013, 10:37   #96
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
You don't really want to do the 10.6 install method and work up from there. From that site, try the unibeast option and go straight to mountain lion. The only issue is you will need a mac to do it (only for 5 mins to make the USB disk).

If you don't have access to one, what I'd do is the burn on of those crappy hacked ISO's that will install and old version with drivers people have knocked together (google kalyway torrent), then from that make the UNIbeast installer.

This looks like the best ISO file for 10.8

http://ca.isohunt.com/release/927021/mac+osx
Thanks will try
Old 28-05-2013, 11:32   #97
Metalfingers
Mark

AKA: Metalface Mark
Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Why would you want to try a Mac OS? You would hate it id guess.
Metalfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 19:11   #98
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

I've used OSX, not a big fan but, BUT, it has its good points and would be nice to use it as an alternative sometimes, plus getting OSX working on a generic PC is satisfying - I did it years ago - on my old P4 system IIRC.
Old 30-05-2013, 11:31   #99
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Had a go doing this. The 10.8 disc listed above was no good because it needed a dual layer disc to burn it on and I haven't got one I downloaded another but it wouldn't even boot to the installer, it looks as if the latest versions require AHCI anyway, there is a way around it but you need to modify the installation disc.

SO, I decided to try an older version which doesn't require AHCI. Seeing as I would only be using it very casually and not as my main OS I don't mind if it is a previous version. I tried a 10.5.7 iDeneb distro, this installed successfully (I used my old SSD) but wouldn't boot from the HDD, the Apple logo comes up but nothing happens, not even the activity icon was displayed. I was able to make it boot by using the DVD though. Couldn't get it to set a resolution of 1680x1050 (native res) even using the "Graphics Mode" switch before booting. Also it doesn't recognise my Atheros 8152 ethernet and the kext I found for it which I installed using Kextbeast doesn't seem to have worked.

Now downloading a 10.6 distro to see if that works any better
Old 30-05-2013, 11:32   #100
Metalfingers
Mark

AKA: Metalface Mark
Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Metalfingers is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Sack it off and buy a MBP
Metalfingers is offline   Reply With Quote