We are not afraid

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Games

Old 23-01-2012, 18:47   #51
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I wonder if Valve will be tempted to cash in on their success at some point and list on the stock market.
Enoch Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:50   #52
mcmad
Aw yeah, it's business time

mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIBRARY DOG View Post
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...growth-in-2011

Just Steam that is, the industry grew from $13 billion to $18 billion.
Carefully now, don't go confusing units sold with revenue growth, I notice they don't post financial data, I'd wager a large part of that unit growth is down to the massive sales they have rather than new titles, there will be next to fuck all margin on those sale items
Old 23-01-2012, 18:52   #53
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmad View Post
Carefully now, don't go confusing units sold with revenue growth, I notice they don't post financial data, I'd wager a large part of that unit growth is down to the massive sales they have rather than new titles, there will be next to fuck all margin on those sale items
Like I said, Steam only, but the PC market in general is still growing.
it's probably an FBIPLANTBYJEWSWHOALSODID911BTW
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:52   #54
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
You will concede that PC gaming is far from dead for Valve though yes?
Old 23-01-2012, 18:58   #55
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Powell View Post
I wonder if Valve will be tempted to cash in on their success at some point and list on the stock market.
I suspect they have big plans tbh, they will be moving into tablet gaming soon IMHO, and they've been experimenting with free to play gaming with micro-transactions, who knows what they are planning in truth but they won't rest on their laurels.
it's probably an FBIPLANTBYJEWSWHOALSODID911BTW
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:59   #56
pies
If you can read this you are looking at my user title, well done

pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

also i wonder how much boom is down to faster internet speeds, shops not selling games and STEAM and publishers, pricing games at astronomical prices

you could get brand new games for 15-20 at GAME now they are like 30+ on STEAM but PC GAMING IS booming

its a kansas city shuffle

also I bet the boom in sales is from the daily deals and Christmas sale, more sales in that period than the rest of the year
Old 23-01-2012, 18:59   #57
mcmad
Aw yeah, it's business time

mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.mcmad is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Powell View Post
You will concede that PC gaming is far from dead for Valve though yes?
Absolutely, they own pc gaming, but if consoles are a bigger market with significantly higher margins & there are 3 new consoles on the way within 18 months does anyone seriously believe there focus is not turned in that direction now ?

They don't need to do much any more to keep their market share on pc, distribution model etc is up & running so I would expect them to simply port next gen console titles onto steam for the pc guys, I seriously doubt they will ignore consoles again as much as they did this gen

Challenge they face of course is steam v xbox live, those two systems can't be integrated but as ex MS guys you can bet valve are working with ms on how to do it
Old 23-01-2012, 19:01   #58
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIBRARY DOG View Post
I suspect they have big plans tbh, they will be moving into tablet gaming soon IMHO, and they've been experimenting with free to play gaming with micro-transactions, who knows what they are planning in truth but they won't rest on their laurels.
I bet if they were a public company their shareholders would have demanded they release games more often, like Half Life. I suppose the risk is that the quality would suffer, although plenty of good games have come from Activision / EA etc. so it isn't necessarily so.
Old 23-01-2012, 19:02   #59
pies
If you can read this you are looking at my user title, well done

pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.pies is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea...00/ccRef.en_US

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/xbox-360/...oductpage.html

just lol at that, 2 more of the phyical copy on the 360

i hope to god next generation still has physical copies, if consoles go direct download only, I will give up gaming.
Old 23-01-2012, 19:02   #60
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Quote:
Absolutely, they own pc gaming, but if consoles are a bigger market with significantly higher margins & there are 3 new consoles on the way within 18 months does anyone seriously believe there focus is not turned in that direction now ?

They don't need to do much any more to keep their market share on pc, distribution model etc is up & running so I would expect them to simply port next gen console titles onto steam for the pc guys, I seriously doubt they will ignore consoles again as much as they did this gen

Challenge they face of course is steam v xbox live, those two systems can't be integrated but as ex MS guys you can bet valve are working with ms on how to do it
How much have they ignored consoles? I dunno? I thought they'd released all their games on Xbox and PS3 for the some years now.

Tags
half wit