We are not afraid

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Computers and Technology

Old 07-11-2018, 03:50   #1
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.
Default Flickr just fucked its userbase

Flickr changed hands a while ago and the new owner said nothing would change for free users.

Well, we still get 1TB of free space, but there's a catch... it's now a 1,000 photo limit. So the 1TB is totally disingenuous as 1,000 is like 0.3% of that. They want $50 for the paid account which is double the old price. And they're going to delete people's photos over 1,000 in just a few months' time. Rather than doing something sensible like capping it at 1,000 for new users, and preventing further uploads for existing ones. Or charging tiers based on storage used rather than the arbitrary level of 1,000 which for a site like Flickr with many users for over 10 years, is not a high number in this day and age.

Apparently Flickr is also the world’s largest source of Creative Commons photos and most of these will soon be deleted.

Even if you have no interest in photos or Flickr per se, this is one of the most hamfisted and mishandled business decisions imaginable. The new owners are killing what gives Flickr its value in the first place.

RIP Flickr.

This is Sleepy level 'delete the whole internet' level of retardedness.

Last edited by Enoch Powell; 07-11-2018 at 03:56.
Enoch Powell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:57   #2
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Amazon Prime gives you unlimited photo storage.
it's probably an FBIPLANTBYJEWSWHOALSODID911BTW
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:24   #3
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I hear google photos gives you 15GB free, which is way more than I need.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:47   #4
Chuckles
happy

Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I've got about 2200 and I don't think I have the originals anywhere so am going to have to try and download them all somehow because I cba paying $50 a year :/

Neither myself or iam want to spend hours cleaning threads up and dealing with RTM's so do us a favour and reign it in a bit please.

This is now serious business.
Chuckles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:11   #5
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Apparently you can download them all in one archive from this page (bottom right)

https://www.flickr.com/account

If they'd said 1GB for $10 I expect most of us would say okay fine, but $50 is silly.

I think I'll move all my pics because deleting just 1000 would be very time consuming due to Flickr's clunky interface, and which 1000? Most of them are ones I want to keep and display. Meh. (I have nearly 2000.)

The new owner said when he took over how much he loves photos and the community, now he's going to mass delete MILLIONS of photos and fuck the community... lol. It'll be a ghost town there if he doesn't do a U-turn as who can have confidence in the future with him in charge?
Old 07-11-2018, 11:15   #6
Chuckles
happy

Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Chuckles is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

This one?

I pressed it and it says it's pending but it sounds a bit more like they are talking about the info on the photos rather than the photos themselves. We will see

Neither myself or iam want to spend hours cleaning threads up and dealing with RTM's so do us a favour and reign it in a bit please.

This is now serious business.
Chuckles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:22   #7
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Yes. I know it's worded like it's just the info but I think it's the photos too, in one big zip. Which is why it takes a while before it's ready.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:18   #8
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Apparently this is going to fuck up a lot of Flickr Groups, as well as deleting pics from users who have died but whose pics remain as a legacy etc.

Great move

I was going to delete my account but I think I'll have to just laboriously go through them and delete the ones with few views and which aren't in public groups (like the Stansted group) to get down below 1k, much as I hate to leave any content which will in any way benefit the new owners.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:30   #9
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Another service with 15GB free, run by Canon.

https://www.irista.com/
Old 07-11-2018, 15:18   #10
capitalist
fuckpig

AKA: Anarchist
capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Corporation in "wanting to increase profits" CAPITALISMSHOCKER
capitalist is offline   Reply With Quote