We are not afraid Current Bitcoin Price: $

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Serious Business

Old 06-03-2018, 20:00   #1
Stagflation
Hereward

AKA: Stag
Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.
Default No platforming and freedom of speech

Video not working? GO OLDSKOOL! Or just give up. N* is bound to post a better vid.

Some Libertarian talk got invaded by 'anti-fascists' protesting the 'alt-right', ironically the talk was actually about freedom of speech and the audience had a significant minority of non-white people (so much for the ethno-state).

Now obviously there is a line that can be crossed where incitement to hatred leads to violence, the problem I see with actions and tactics such as in this video is that the line is increasingly being used to simply shut down conversations that people don't like. This is where the trite line 'facts don't care about your feelings' gets trotted out and however fatuous it sounds I think it's valid in an era where 'hate speech' can simply be defined as someone causing offence.

If someone has hate in their heart I'd rather hear them be honest and debate them than let their hatred brew in the darkness. I believe no platforming and blocking freedom of speech are counter productive as it potentially empowers the genuinely dangerous to see themselves as oppressed and use that as a banner to rally support. It all boils down to a tragic lack of perception, where the debates over this are in danger of descending to simplistically being seen as Fascists versus Communists, with both sides projecting a false image of their ideological nemesis on someone with a different opinion.

Let's say this was actually an alt-right talk about forming an ethnostate, would people agree with these same tactics being deployed?

Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.
- Bertrand Russell
Stagflation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 21:31   #2
Oswald
how many people have been mugged?

AKA: Bakez
Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Oswald is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

tbh if a group of men rushed the stage in balaclavas and i was on that stage id be ready for a full on terrorist attack and defend myself accordingly

its kill or be killed right there and then

lmfao at them rushing the stage and then crying when somebody touches them 'dont put ur hands on me'

FAVOURITE CASK ALE LIST
ADNAMS SOUTHWOLD - Mosaic
FULLERS - Red Fox
CROUCH VALE - Snow Drop
CROUCH VALE - Calypso
Oswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 21:49   #3
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

For once I agree with Stag. Librarians should be allowed to talk about freedom of speech and that, they're under a lot of pressure with tory cuts to keep places going so denying them a voice is undemocratic.
it's probably an FBIPLANTBYJEWSWHOALSODID911BTW
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:43   #4
Stagflation
Hereward

Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald View Post
tbh if a group of men rushed the stage in balaclavas and i was on that stage id be ready for a full on terrorist attack and defend myself accordingly

its kill or be killed right there and then

lmfao at them rushing the stage and then crying when somebody touches them 'dont put ur hands on me'
They actually think they're trying to stop the next holocaust. The laughable thing is that if it was actual Nazis they would have been more than ejected, at this point they're pretty much LARPers.

- Bertrand Russell
Old 07-03-2018, 08:23   #5
Visage
Lord Lucan

Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Nazis never seem like Nazis. That's how they win power.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:28   #6
Enoch Powell
Putinbot, obviously

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

The Antifa of the 1920s did the same to the Nazis' early meetings which is why the SS was formed to provide security.

100 years later history is repeating, it seems. Antifa seem unaware of the irony that they are helping create that which they fear the most.
"History as it is being written and conveyed today is all too often only a crude mix of untruths, remnants of Allied propaganda from the Second World War, half-truths, tales and myths, cleverly put together for purposes of indoctrinating the brain-dead masses."
Philippe Gautier
Enoch Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:34   #7
Stagflation
Hereward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visage View Post
Nazis never seem like Nazis. That's how they win power.
So you agree with these tactics?

- Bertrand Russell
Old 07-03-2018, 08:38   #8
Visage
Lord Lucan

Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Visage is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagflation View Post
So you agree with these tactics?
I honestly don't know. I'll always lean towards freedom of speech, but on the other hand why shouldn't individuals and institutions have the right to refuse to enable views they disagree with.

I don't think there's a simple answer that doesn't throw up contradictions.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:09   #9
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

In all honesty stag I don't really get all excised about this kinda stuff any more, it feels like the same old debate of free speech vs consequences of it, which is interesting but has no right or wrong answer as everyone feels comfortable drawing the line differently. With the way the internet is, even moreso these days, it's kinda through a lens of false jeopardy and false urgency all the time. Right now it's culture wars over equal rights, new age feminism and all that stuff but before that I remember when it was atheism, the culture wars between scientology and anonymous etc. Youtube video after youtube video of very opinionated atheists just banging the same old drum, night and day. I assume they're still going, Matt Dillahunty etc. When youtube was more of a new thing, at least to me, I was sucked into it all as well, used to love Dawkins and all that shit, but it's just noise at the end of the day, whipped up by people who seem emotionally invested in being 'right'
it's probably an FBIPLANTBYJEWSWHOALSODID911BTW
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:02   #10
Stagflation
Hereward

There is an element of that, in general media has a way of distorting reality and youtube/twitter is merely the latest front line except it's interactive and gives anyone a voice who wants one. It certainly is a culture war and the best way to fight that is through warping perceptions. You seem to think there aren't consequences to this though, this isn't merely about reinforcing egos and entertainment, where as I believe these currents will determine the future of society.

- Bertrand Russell