We are not afraid

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Games

Old 07-08-2018, 10:55   #21
capitalist
fuckpig

AKA: Anarchist
capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

New contract starting soon so I'll have less time to do stuff on the side as I think it will be busier. Will see. Wanted to buy Dogecoin yesterday (as a bit of a laugh, and a gamble), but the fucking cuntload of cryptocurrency exchanges and wallets that I already have don't support it, so I've had to join yet another fucking exchange (bittrex) in order to trade it. Don't make it fucking easy do they!
capitalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:11   #22
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Is a 'currency' which is hard even for IT experts to use, a viable propostiion going forward or merely a pyramid / ponzi scheme
Enoch Powell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:14   #23
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Good point, I remember when accessing websites first started and it was a piece of piss from day one, everyone could do it easily.
it's probably an FBIPLANTBYJEWSWHOALSODID911BTW
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:47   #24
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

We've discussed this before... there are already easy payment methods which cryptocurrencies offer no additional benefits for most people or vendors, but offer many drawbacks and hurdles.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:48   #25
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Other than it's better because it's newer and cooler, only geek spastics and people blinded by greed and dollar signs think it isn't a load of bollocks
Old 07-08-2018, 12:06   #26
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Malcolm Tucker is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Well I was answering your loaded question that if cryptocurrencies are difficult to get into and require IT acumen, then maybe they're not going to take off and are just a scam. Which is a flawed way to examine the potential of things like this, you're talking as if previous successes in tech and the internet were accessible and easy-to-use straightaway. The exact same criticism has been levelled at the advent of websites in the 90s, mobile phones, electric cars and so on.

As for cryptocurrencies not offering additional benefits for people or vendors over existing currency, again, I think it's premature to write it off. For one thing we know cryptocurrencies are decentralised, without a single owner or controller. Unlike the centralised system we have now with banks. They also have an immutable ledger, again, unlike the current system where financial records can be missing, fragmented, completely wrong, or falsified. Those are plus points for a currency and are a reaction to the distinct drawbacks of the existing system.

How these benefits will actually manifest is basically what people are investing in, different platforms, currencies etc. Nobody is under the illusion they'll all go mainstream one day, probably a handful, if that. Tonnes of them are scams, but so what? It's what happens when something is new and there's money to be made, doesn't mean there isn't legit work going on.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:11   #27
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

I want my money to be controlled by a strong system with checks and balances and so do most people. Being decentralised isn't a selling point unless you're a libertarian or criminal.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:30   #28
Malcolm Tucker
The Enforcer

Well the idea is that a blockchain is actually stronger than the current single ledger, if done properly it's impossible to falsify, and it can't be trashed by brute force attacks on the network or even by burning down some data centres. It doesn't matter about your politics at that point, these are safeguards anybody would want in a currency.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:30   #29
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Bought some stuff on Amazon earlier. Payment went through instantaneously, the price didn't go up and down wildly between sending the money and it being received. I know the money arrived safely and I know there's a whole system to protect me if anything goes wrong at any stage. The transaction fee will have been tiny and was payable by the vendor, not by me.

The people trying to reinvent the wheel have autistically not noticed that the wheel is already extremely fucking good.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:32   #30
capitalist
fuckpig

AKA: Anarchist
capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.capitalist is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I believe cryptos are trying to become more legit by attempting to get listed as ETFs and such like, if that happens they will become more "mainstream" and hence will boom. But obviously the jewlizard overlords who control the world's money will try and resist anything which reduces their control, so that's always a risk.
capitalist is offline   Reply With Quote