We are not afraid

Go Back   Shoe Vomit > Public Forums > Games

Old 20-06-2018, 16:10   #101
Stagflation
Hereward

AKA: Stag
Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Stagflation is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

I get addicted to games, I don't get addicted to gambling.

Both activities have the POTENTIAL to rewire the reward circuitry to create 'problem behaviours'.
We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man.

C.S. Lewis
Stagflation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 16:12   #102
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
If gaming were addictive, would that necessarily be a bad thing? The weekend before last I read a book, cover to cover, stopping for the inconveniences of eating, sleeping, toilet, and essential family interactions (I have a wife and child), and no-one cared at all. If I'd spent the same period of time gaming I'd still be hearing about it. I appreciate that addiction is, generally, not good, but I struggle to see how being addicted to gaming would be any worse than partaking of any other cultural text in an equally intense way. I suspect that the assertion that gaming addiction is bad, is based mostly on the idea that video games are inherently bad.
Enoch Powell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 16:14   #103
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagflation View Post
I get addicted to games, I don't get addicted to gambling.

Both activities have the POTENTIAL to rewire the reward circuitry to create 'problem behaviours'.
People - mostly men - get enough stick for playing video games as it is. Labelling it as any sort of 'disorder' is complete bullshit and will just make men more henpecked. I don't have that problem thankfully, but plenty of men are afraid to engage in their hobbies as much as they would really like to, and are made to feel guilty when they do
Old 22-06-2018, 18:19   #104
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

Quote:
NHS to launch first internet addiction clinic

Exclusive: centre in London will focus on gaming disorders, with plans to expand
https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-mental-health

Quote:
'It consumed my life': inside a gaming addiction treatment centre

As the World Health Organization classifies gaming disorder as a mental health condition, one UK treatment centre reveals how it is trying to tackle the problem
https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...disorder-games

please make it stop