View Single Post
Old 14-04-2016, 21:50   #19
Enoch Powell
Black-pilled

AKA: ENOCH POWELL
Location: almost entirely immersed in an online world of "echo chambers" where I feel the pull of extremism
Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.Enoch Powell is a cheating bobble-hatted mincebag.

Quote:
The aftermath of a natural gas disaster can be unbelievably grim—sky-high sheets of flame, entire structures gone in seconds. The world got to see the destructive signature of a gas blast Wednesday in East Harlem, when a pair of five-story buildings exploded and crumbled into a fire-licked pile. At the most recent count, seven people died in the incident and at least 60 were injured.

Ron Lavezzo, fire-division chief for the Bay Area city of Millbrae, is a man familiar with gas-scented mayhem. He was among the first on the scene at the San Bruno pipeline explosion of 2010, a conflagration so fierce the media at first reported it as a plane crash that had set the "whole neighborhood on fire."

"After that thing happened,” says the 30-year firefighting veteran, “I started becoming very intimate with how many gas lines were in my district."

Gas disasters can occur in different ways with varying levels of damage, from shattered window glass to a screaming flame-jet that carbonizes rows of houses. Lavezzo described for Cities his own experience battling a titanic gas blaze and the kind of situations that could provoke a spectacular blowout like in New York:
http://www.citylab.com/work/2014/03/...s-happen/8627/
Enoch Powell is offline   Reply With Quote